Edit History

Please note that revisions older than 365 days are pruned and will no longer show here
meganoth

meganoth

35 minutes ago, theFlu said:

This might be a bit pedantic, but I wouldn't call Valheim's food system "survival". It's a good system, but it's a buff system, not a threat to overcome. Being hungry won't kill you or even hinder you, different food just improve you stats. And I get that "hinder from a high baseline" and "buff from a lower baseline" are essentially the same thing.. but for survival you usually get a "hunger solved" -state that ends at your normal stats, whatever you ate. For Valheim's system you get a different state based on each and every meal, the "hunger solved" -state isn't really a thing.

I would agree if the buff were something you could ignore. But surviving in higher biomes and especially the biome you are currently farming at any one time is almost impossible (for normal players) without having eaten the appropriate buff food. The dozen of times I was killed by "low level" monsters simply because I went somewhere without eating or forgot to rebuff is probably a lot more than most players because I often forget to look down at the food UI, but I assume everyone has a few deaths of that sort happen to him.

meganoth

meganoth

33 minutes ago, theFlu said:

This might be a bit pedantic, but I wouldn't call Valheim's food system "survival". It's a good system, but it's a buff system, not a threat to overcome. Being hungry won't kill you or even hinder you, different food just improve you stats. And I get that "hinder from a high baseline" and "buff from a lower baseline" are essentially the same thing.. but for survival you usually get a "hunger solved" -state that ends at your normal stats, whatever you ate. For Valheim's system you get a different state based on each and every meal, the "hunger solved" -state isn't really a thing.

I would agree if the buff were something you could ignore. But surviving in any higher biome is almost impossible (for normal players) without having eaten the appropriate buff food. The dozen of times I was killed by "low level" monsters simply because I went somewhere without eating or forgot to rebuff is probably a lot more than most players because I often forget to look down at the food UI, but I assume everyone has a few deaths of that sort happen to him.

meganoth

meganoth

32 minutes ago, theFlu said:

I would agree if the buff were something you could ignore. But surviving in any higher biome is almost impossible (for normal players) without having eaten the appropriate buff food. The dozen of times I was killed by "low level" monsters simply because I went somewhere without eating is probably a lot more than most players because I often forget to look down at the food UI, but I assume everyone has a few deaths of that sort happen to him.

meganoth

meganoth

31 minutes ago, theFlu said:

I would agree if the buff were something you could ignore. But surviving in any higher biome is almost impossible (for normal players) without having eaten the appropriate buff food. The dozen of times I was killed by "low level" monsters simply because I went somewhere without eating is probably more than most players because I often forget to look down at the food UI, but I assume everyone has a few deaths of that sort happen to him.

meganoth

meganoth

23 minutes ago, theFlu said:

I would agree if the buff were something you could ignore. But surviving in any higher biome is almost impossible (for normal players) without having the appropriate buff food. The dozen of times I was killed by "low level" monsters simply because I went somewhere without eating is probably more than most players because I often forget to look down at the food UI, but I assume everyone has a few deaths of that sort happen to him.