Edit History

Please note that revisions older than 365 days are pruned and will no longer show here
meganoth

meganoth

4 hours ago, pApA^LeGBa said:

@meganoth A lot of people don´t use those 3 cases i mentioned. Explosives aren´t exactly the meta in this game. Most people tend to avoid screamers whenever they can. Wich isn´t really possible using lots of explosives.

And the whole reason for this change, at least we were told so, is to make water and the survival part harder. Wich it doesn´t do. It´s just more tedious and forces you to constantly go looting, wich i assume is the real reason. Still don´t understand why they want that so bad for literally everyone instead of keeping the game in a state with various playstyles possible. The majority of players did a lot of looting anyways. Really no clue why they want everyone to play the same way.

And they added more food to the loot. Wich makes survival even easier.

Almost all changes have multiple reasons. In this case removing glass jars was another important reason for them.

I am not surprised that veteran players can adapt to whatever TFP throws at them. But even they should feel sometimes limited by the available water depending on how they play. In my SP game I did never come near dying of thirst, there were always ways to get water. But in the first days I could not do all the crafting and cooking I wanted and had to buy food and water from the trader which actually made a dent in my duke pile and didn't allow me to buy anything else. And only after I had 2 dew collectors did I actually have enough water to produce small amounts of glue. Not enough though so I bought another filter.

Did I do something wrong? Was I not playing as efficient as you? Probably. Was water survival harder for me than in A20. Definitely.

Question for you: As a veteran was food ever a problem for you? DId you ever starve?  Was there ever a time (with trader) that you couldn't find food at the trader or simply hunt a few chicken to get food? So what is the difference?

Have you ever played Valheim for example? Did you ever starve there? Was getting food ever a problem? If no, would you say Valheim has no food survival? My point: Survival doesn't even mean that the thing is limited, it just means you have to expend some effort to get it. And buying for it or scrounging for it is effort same as buying a filter and harvesting dew collectors

They may have added more food to loot because some of the early recipes need water. Or maybe they simply changed the loot tables to remove or decrease frequency of some other items and now automatically food is more common. It isn't easy to balance loot tables where any change has side effects.

PS: To get a bigger sample we could do a poll and ask how much avaliability of water was or was not a hindrance to forum users (and whether it was in their mind while playing) in their latest SP game. Interested?

meganoth

meganoth

2 hours ago, pApA^LeGBa said:

@meganoth A lot of people don´t use those 3 cases i mentioned. Explosives aren´t exactly the meta in this game. Most people tend to avoid screamers whenever they can. Wich isn´t really possible using lots of explosives.

And the whole reason for this change, at least we were told so, is to make water and the survival part harder. Wich it doesn´t do. It´s just more tedious and forces you to constantly go looting, wich i assume is the real reason. Still don´t understand why they want that so bad for literally everyone instead of keeping the game in a state with various playstyles possible. The majority of players did a lot of looting anyways. Really no clue why they want everyone to play the same way.

Almost all changes have multiple reasons. In this case removing glass jars was another important reason for them.

I am not surprised that veteran players can adapt to whatever TFP throws at them. But even they should feel sometimes limited by the available water depending on how they play. In my SP game I did never come near dying of thirst, there were always ways to get water. But in the first days I could not do all the crafting and cooking I wanted and had to buy food and water from the trader which actually made a dent in my duke pile and didn't allow me to buy anything else. And only after I had 2 dew collectors did I actually have enough water to produce small amounts of glue. Not enough though so I bought another filter.

Did I do something wrong? Was I not playing as efficient as you? Probably. Was water survival harder for me than in A20. Definitely.

Question for you: As a veteran was food ever a problem for you? DId you ever starve?  Was there ever a time (with trader) that you couldn't find food at the trader or simply hunt a few chicken to get food? So what is the difference?

Have you ever played Valheim for example? Did you ever starve there? Was getting food ever a problem? If no, would you say Valheim has no food survival? My point: Survival doesn't even mean that the thing is limited, it just means you have to expend some effort to get it. And buying for it or scrounging for it is effort same as buying a filter and harvesting dew collectors

They may have added more food to loot because some of the early recipes need water. Or maybe they simply changed the loot tables to remove or decrease frequency of some other items and now automatically food is more common. It isn't easy to balance loot tables where any change has side effects.

PS: To get a bigger sample we could do a poll and ask how much water was or was not a hindrance to forum users (and whether it was in their mind while playing) in their latest SP game. Interested?

meganoth

meganoth

PS: To get a bigger sample we could do a poll and ask how much water was or was not a hindrance to forum users in their latest SP game. Interested?

meganoth

meganoth

PS: To get a bigger sample we could do a poll and ask how much water was or was not a hindrance to forum users in their latest SP game. Interested?

meganoth

meganoth

PS: To get a bigger sample we could do a poll and ask how much water was or was not a hindrance to forum users in their last SP game. Interested?

meganoth

meganoth

1 hour ago, pApA^LeGBa said: