Edit History

Please note that revisions older than 365 days are pruned and will no longer show here
Riamus

Riamus

1 hour ago, Doctor3D said:

I think still allowing the character to harvest the bodies of water 'somehow' - would at least be a comfortable middle ground.  Maybe water pumps you can put on the water blocks?

That's the same system (workstation collecting water) At least then, it wouldn't seem like the water is mostly just useless data on the map.  I mean you can of course drink it with your hands but that's about all it is good for now. The lakes of water on the map don't have much utility beyond scooping and drinking it dirty with your hands.  

The dew collector could be an easier item to build and start with - but slower. Then water pump would be more of an end game item. 

Still not perfect - I'd just rather have the water jars and dip them in the pools of water like the most basic of human concepts, but I'd be less disappointed if it at  least tiered out the water collection in different ways through workstations like pumps to take advantage of actual bodies of water just sitting there. 

Either way, I can live with the change as it is. Don't like it at all - but it's not a game-breaker. 

I love this idea.  Add it after chem station, have it take a lot of forged steel, mechanical parts and electrical parts.  Maybe make it take a lot of springs since you can't craft those, so you have to plan ahead if you want multiple of you are concerned about it being too easy.  It should produce a decent amount of water a day, being a mid to end game item.  Let it generate a ton of heat if you want.  This could make standing water feel useful and not just something to look at.  Have it require regular repairs as well if your want. Whatever it would take to get it in the game.

You should create a new post in Pimp Dreams so it is more visible.

Riamus

Riamus

1 hour ago, Doctor3D said:

I think still allowing the character to harvest the bodies of water 'somehow' - would at least be a comfortable middle ground.  Maybe water pumps you can put on the water blocks?

That's the same system (workstation collecting water) At least then, it wouldn't seem like the water is mostly just useless data on the map.  I mean you can of course drink it with your hands but that's about all it is good for now. The lakes of water on the map don't have much utility beyond scooping and drinking it dirty with your hands.  

The dew collector could be an easier item to build and start with - but slower. Then water pump would be more of an end game item. 

Still not perfect - I'd just rather have the water jars and dip them in the pools of water like the most basic of human concepts, but I'd be less disappointed if it at  least tiered out the water collection in different ways through workstations like pumps to take advantage of actual bodies of water just sitting there. 

Either way, I can live with the change as it is. Don't like it at all - but it's not a game-breaker. 

I love this idea.  Add it after chem station, have it take a lot of forged steel, mechanical parts and electrical parts.  Maybe make it take a lot of springs since you can't craft those, so you have to plan ahead if you want multiple of you are concerned about it being too easy.  It should produce a decent amount of water a day, being a mid to end game item.  Let it generate a ton of heat if you want.  This could make standing water feel useful and not just something to look at.  Have it require regular repairs as well if your want. Whatever it would take to get it in the game.