Edit History

Please note that revisions older than 365 days are pruned and will no longer show here
meganoth

meganoth

51 minutes ago, Scyris said:

This, frees up inventory slots for other things. As single player I find 8 dew collectors able to produe enough water i can drink, make food and make glue with it. I do have one suggestion: Allow us to upgrade dew collectors with materials so they have more storage slots and faster production, maybe 3 levels? and each level has a new model with extra parts to it? Maybe, add it in between workstation tiers? Once you learn it you can then upgrade it. Or since they are easly pickupable with a land claim block, or hell you can even pickaxe them to pick them back up (they have very low hp), just have it require the tier below dew collector as part of the recipe to upgrade it.

2-3 is not enough, maybe just for drinking and some food crafting, even with 8 of them I still run out of water making food and glue, mind you I probably make more than I actually need right away. If you do a few clear quests on day 1 you can easly have a dew collector up on day 1, I usually do. I usually have 8 of them up by day 7 or 8, basically 1 a day, I mean at low character levels the traders don't really stock much else worth buying. I've adapted to the a21 changes pretty quickly myself. I got more than enough water for food and drink, its mostly having spare for glue that is the issue, or my current game I have more than enough water i've actually ran out of bones so bones are actually being my delay for making glue.

If I did have one gripe, its that I feel we need to have a chicken coop or something, as getting eggs are a major issue. I'm on day 10 i've looted every single birds nest i've seen and I have a total of 16 eggs, i've never used a single one in crafting yet. Could make it where you have to "reload" it with corn after each harvest. Darkness falls does this, the first loot after making one is free, after that you have to feed it 1 animal feed each time you loot it which is made from diff crops at a 1 to 1 ratio. Generally it is lootable every 60 minutes of real time.

Most of my food has basically been grilled meat and whatever i've found in loot. I do have 10 meat stews on me, but haven't really *needed* to use those yet. Meat isin't a problem I have like 2-3 stacks of it on day 10, its the eggs that is severaly limiting bacon n eggs crafting.

I actually found more eggs in my SP game than I could use in my blueberry and pumkin pies at the moment, but I haven't been very methodical in my farming, and well, luck plays a big part in this as well. I avoid Bacon & Eggs though as it wastes too many eggs for only low food value.

meganoth

meganoth

25 minutes ago, Scyris said:

This, frees up inventory slots for other things. As single player I find 8 dew collectors able to produe enough water i can drink, make food and make glue with it. I do have one suggestion: Allow us to upgrade dew collectors with materials so they have more storage slots and faster production, maybe 3 levels? and each level has a new model with extra parts to it? Maybe, add it in between workstation tiers? Once you learn it you can then upgrade it. Or since they are easly pickupable with a land claim block, or hell you can even pickaxe them to pick them back up (they have very low hp), just have it require the tier below dew collector as part of the recipe to upgrade it.

2-3 is not enough, maybe just for drinking and some food crafting, even with 8 of them I still run out of water making food and glue, mind you I probably make more than I actually need right away. If you do a few clear quests on day 1 you can easly have a dew collector up on day 1, I usually do. I usually have 8 of them up by day 7 or 8, basically 1 a day, I mean at low character levels the traders don't really stock much else worth buying. I've adapted to the a21 changes pretty quickly myself. I got more than enough water for food and drink, its mostly having spare for glue that is the issue, or my current game I have more than enough water i've actually ran out of bones so bones are actually being my delay for making glue.

If I did have one gripe, its that I feel we need to have a chicken coop or something, as getting eggs are a major issue. I'm on day 10 i've looted every single birds nest i've seen and I have a total of 16 eggs, i've never used a single one in crafting yet. Could make it where you have to "reload" it with corn after each harvest. Darkness falls does this, the first loot after making one is free, after that you have to feed it 1 animal feed each time you loot it which is made from diff crops at a 1 to 1 ratio. Generally it is lootable every 60 minutes of real time.

Most of my food has basically been grilled meat and whatever i've found in loot. I do have 10 meat stews on me, but haven't really *needed* to use those yet. Meat isin't a problem I have like 2-3 stacks of it on day 10, its the eggs that is severaly limiting bacon n eggs crafting.

I actually found more eggs in my SP game than I could use in my blueberry and pumkin pies at the moment, but I haven't been very methodical in my farming. I avoid Bacon & Eggs though as it wastes too many eggs for only low food value.