Edit History

Please note that revisions older than 365 days are pruned and will no longer show here
Roland

Roland

18 minutes ago, OccamsShavingCream said:

I apologize. I had assumed that the whole point of the experimental branch was to solicit player feedback, but it appears that's not the case. I think I'll just sit this one out.

Have a good day.

Oh please…

Of course we have your feedback just like we have the feedback of others who don’t like it. What I meant is that your personal dislike isn’t going to be enough to convince them to change the game. There are others who like it and we listen to that feedback as well. I didn’t say that your feedback isn’t wanted or considered. TFP listens to the whole range of feedback. They won’t have the full range of feedback until A21 goes stable and people have plenty of time to play it and get beyond their first impression. 

Look, you’re at least tangentially related to the razor. So let’s break this down to simplest terms. 

1) The devs made a change they believe in and enjoy.

2) The internal team played with the changes for almost a year and some adjustments were made but the feature was kept. 

3) Since release two-weeks ago there have been many comments. A lot have been positive and a lot have been negative. 

4) Nobody has reported that the game is now unplayable or broken due to the changes. All of the comments have been of the nature of liking vs disliking the changes. 

The simplest conclusion is that the feature is well designed and functions well within the game but that there are a lot of divergent opinions about whether it is fun or not. Since fun is a highly personal and subjective concept it is impossible to design a feature that is fun for everyone. All they can do is watch as time goes on to see whether most people come to find it fun. 

Roland

Roland

Just now, OccamsShavingCream said:

I apologize. I had assumed that the whole point of the experimental branch was to solicit player feedback, but it appears that's not the case. I think I'll just sit this one out.

Have a good day.

Oh please…

Of course we have your feedback just like we have the feedback of others who don’t like it. What I meant is that your personal dislike isn’t going to be enough to convince them to change the game. There are others who like it and we listen to that feedback as well. I didn’t say that your feedback isn’t wanted or considered. TFP listens to the whole range of feedback. They won’t have the full range of feedback until A21 goes stable and people have plenty of time to play it and get beyond their first impression.