Edit History

Please note that revisions older than 365 days are pruned and will no longer show here
meganoth

meganoth

20 hours ago, Apocalipservice said:

Oh, the logic... So you're saying that all survival games don't use water containers?

He might be saying that all survival games try to make the resources scarce (at least the ones that are in the game). And according to MM that was one of the reasons for this change.

Wow, I rlly didn't know that - no idea that dew collectors and disappearing containers were standard for survival games. Thanks for that protip. 😆 JFC Srsly, this one didn't have one until now. *shrug*   Note that it's  a hybrid game, not a full survival game but it's mostly supposed to be about fighting zombies and not be a drought simulator ffs.

So water scarcity for the first 5 days is full survival game and drought simulator for you? To me it still feels like survival light. Even some of the critics have complained, I quote, "it is trivial"

Being a survival game also doesn't equate to making a sudden and drastic change in how folks have been getting water and that change making all the pretty lakes and rivers more useless than they were. That's calleds dev not having a clear idea  I think they're fantastic scenery but we can't fish, can't boat, and now zeds can spawn there. There's water everywhere but we have to set up big blue water farms if we want the teas, food, glue etc midgame (multiplayer anyway which is what I mostly play) - yeah there'll be enough water but besides the unwanted water farm the change seems very poorly thought out. That's why we have mods though. 😃

meganoth

meganoth

Oh, the logic... So you're saying that all survival games don't use water containers?

He might be saying that all survival games try to make the resources scarce (at least the ones that are in the game). And according to MM that was one of the reasons for this change.

Wow, I rlly didn't know that - no idea that dew collectors and disappearing containers were standard for survival games. Thanks for that protip. 😆 JFC Srsly, this one didn't have one until now. *shrug*   Note that it's  a hybrid game, not a full survival game but it's mostly supposed to be about fighting zombies and not be a drought simulator ffs.

So water scarcity for the first 5 days is full survival game for you?

Being a survival game also doesn't equate to making a sudden and drastic change in how folks have been getting water and that change making all the pretty lakes and rivers more useless than they were. That's calleds dev not having a clear idea  I think they're fantastic scenery but we can't fish, can't boat, and now zeds can spawn there. There's water everywhere but we have to set up big blue water farms if we want the teas, food, glue etc midgame (multiplayer anyway which is what I mostly play) - yeah there'll be enough water but besides the unwanted water farm the change seems very poorly thought out. That's why we have mods though. 😃