How to disable nighttime stinger music/sounds

With my current mod setup, listening at night is really important, and on long days, every night is like 15+ minutes. 

The tension music breaks immersion and is repetitive and bad, you should be able to disable this in game.  It's an understandable noob feature that grows very old very fast.

I figure there must be a mod for it or replacement file for the assets with these sounds zeroed out. 

The reddoot topic on this has link to ggl docs, i dont have acct so cant download.  nexusmods has a possibility but same problem.

What does everyone else do about this?

there is no limit to the hatred i have for sites like that, however, i hate the nightime stinger repeatetive sounds equally as much.

After 20 years of resisting making a nexusmods account, i just did it for this and only this reason.  Oh this site is such cancer. 

Thank you for the links, very helpful.  I suppose i understand why no one is hosting a 400mb file without begging for donations, but for same reason i do not understand why after hundreds of public complaints going back to 2017 a very simple fix by TFP is not implemented.  Like, only way is to -completely replace- every sound asset as a single file?  No wonder they call it unity...

TFP feel free to respond.  So bizarre this inconsistency. 

It's not the only way but probably the easiest way for modders. With a little googling you could figure out how to quiet the sounds yourself without knowing anything about Unity. On TFPs end I suppose they could have all the sound files as separate assets but that would be terribly inefficient. Or they could expose them all in xml to make it easy to mod, but that would be I'm guessing hundreds of lines of code.

What I would like to see TFP do is separate the sounds in logical groups, with a volume slider for each group. You can mute the music track but the ambient sounds have the natural sounds like birds chirping etc. which are immersive, and the "stingers" and other "creepy", "tension" sounds that are not immersive, and don't work to provide tension either after playing a few hours.

I did a little ggl, if there is a way to do it without replacing the entire asset block or manually editing with unity tools, I'm all ears for the clue that would take reading more than the first 3 pages of results. 

It's just so odd, you make a game with perfect 180degree surround sound, where you can hear footsteps at 100 meters, but you ruin your own work like that.   Like do they play their own game for more than 10 minutes?   When there are 100 post threads saying 'i agree i hate this' and you dont fix it?  When you can mod every other thing in the game but this, just strange. 

Your idea of separation is pretty much the obvious solution, I'm not sure though that tension music has any place in the game, its kindof insulting, the game itself has plenty of tension. 

Well, you do need to make manual changes with a tool that is able to open up the asset bundle, but then it's just a matter of figuring out which sounds you don't like and then pointing "annoying_stinger_1" at the sound data for chirping birds, or something. Very tedious and time consuming, but you don't need any real knowledge of Unity. In this case though, using the mods others have already made is probably a better choice. It does mean that you will need to wait for the mods to be updated whenever the game updates the asset file.

There are several open source tools available. I no longer have it installed after a pc upgrade some months ago but I used one called something like Unity Asset Bundle Extractor if I recall. It was on github. No unity account required. I don't know if there were non-windows versions. The author of of one of those linked mods had some information on how he modified the asset file that might give you more information. It was in the description or maybe in the discussion section. I was going to create my own modded file for personal use because I don't agree with all the choices made for those mods. I muted some of the worst sounds and then there was a game update, and it meant starting over. I figured it wasn't worth my time. Maybe I'll think of it again when the game goes gold but for now either of those mods get rid of the worst offenders.

Also, update, im on b6 and it says it will work on 20.6 but 2 other bug reports say it will not and I confirm this. 

Some kindof check makes sure you are using the exact correct assets file by size or something to even load main menu. 

I looked at some assetripper on github, these are windows only and experimental. 

These ambient sounds that annoy me are tied to the heart of the game like a parasite. 

You have been helpful, thank you. 

idk if anyone else can chime in with more possibilities, mr seven is very knowledgeable.  Even if tfp came out with new version that fixed this it would break my current game and all of the other mods i have working so well.  

other option, i suppose, would be to allow sleep in the game so you dont have to sit there for 15-20 minutes in the early game staring at a wall so you dont get eaten by a bear.

Well, no sleep, but you could make the nighttime shorter. Look at the MoreDayLightLengthOptions in this topic. You could set the daytime to 22 hours, so night is only 2 hours, and morning starts at midnight.