Edit History

Please note that revisions older than 365 days are pruned and will no longer show here
zztong

zztong

7 hours ago, theFlu said:

Hmm, asking since you're actually modding it, and might've given it more of a test than I have: do you feel you're limited by the "water for glue production" at points in the game? What are those points? From A21 I never felt limited because of water past d1/d2, and while my experience with A22 is solely from YT, I don't think it changed much. If anything the collectors are more effective now. (?)

With and without my mod I don't feel constrained by glue production. Maybe, sometimes, I need to wait a day longer to make some glue or gather water. I used to need glue early to make Padded Armor. Usually I just need some duct tape and these days I'm equally likely to run out of cloth and need to go rip down curtains in a POI. This is likely a result of my crafting habits and my early willingness to stick with primitive tools. I tend to craft what I call "break point" things. I won't craft an Iron tool until I can make a Tier 5. I won't craft a steel tool until I can make a T5 or T6.

But in the discussions a year ago, (IIRC) some people lamented the difficulty of mass production of exploding arrows which they used in large numbers on horde night. I've kept that in the back of my mind as something that is important to the debate for one reason or another.

Yes, to me, in A21 three Dew Collectors was effectively infinite water and the "break even" point for being able to carry water away from a water source. In V1.0, that would be either 3 Dew Collectors or 1.5 Dew Collectors with the component that makes the Dew Collector gather water faster.

In the end I can't really understand or reconcile while TFP continues not letting people carry water away from a source, jars or no jars. It isn't a huge factor in the game. Making water harder to purify is more interesting and affects play longer, at least to me.

zztong

zztong

Hmm, asking since you're actually modding it, and might've given it more of a test than I have: do you feel you're limited by the "water for glue production" at points in the game? What are those points? From A21 I never felt limited because of water past d1/d2, and while my experience with A22 is solely from YT, I don't think it changed much. If anything the collectors are more effective now. (?)

With and without my mod I don't feel constrained by glue production. Maybe, sometimes, I need to wait a day longer to make some glue or gather water. I used to need glue early to make Padded Armor. Usually I just need some duct tape. This is likely a result of my crafting habits and my early willingness to stick with primitive tools. I tend to craft what I call "break point" things. I won't craft an Iron tool until I can make a Tier 5. I won't craft a steel tool until I can make a T5 or T6.

But in the discussions a year ago, (IIRC) some people lamented the difficulty of mass production of exploding arrows which they used in large numbers on horde night. I've kept that in the back of my mind as something that is important to the debate for one reason or another.

Yes, to me, in A21 three Dew Collectors was effectively infinite water and the "break even" point for being able to carry water away from a water source. In V1.0, that would be either 3 Dew Collectors or 1.5 Dew Collectors with the component that makes the Dew Collector gather water faster.

In the end I can't really understand or reconcile while TFP continues not letting people carry water away from a source, jars or no jars. It isn't a huge factor in the game. Making water harder to purify is more interesting and affects play longer, at least to me.

zztong

zztong

With and without my mod I don't feel constrained by glue production. I used to need glue early to make Padded Armor. Usually I just need some duct tape. This is likely a result of my crafting habits and my early willingness to stick with primitive tools. I tend to craft what I call "break point" things. I won't craft an Iron tool until I can make a Tier 5. I won't craft a steel tool until I can make a T5 or T6.