Edit History

Please note that revisions older than 365 days are pruned and will no longer show here
Krougal

Krougal

18 minutes ago, theFlu said:

That's kinda what I'm worried about; all the hubbub of the water changes and they've mainly managed to add some heat to your base and some polymer farming. Could've reached roughly the same spot just by making the murky take a minute (or fifteen) to boil; polymer being replaced by the fuel.

Well, it takes 50 seconds now, so close. If they made the time ridiculous, the answer would be to just spam campfires (or just mod it back to 50). Make your crafting base a horde base to deal with the non-stop screamer horde and reap the rewards.

We shouldn't give them anymore bad ideas though. It always feels like they try to punish the players who will go to any length to game the system, but they just wind up punishing everyone.

One thing I will give them though, it is very difficult to balance everything in a game such as this. Even having the knowledge and ability to edit the configs, I still waffle back and forth a lot on what feels right. Take the limited inventory size vs the ever increasing variety of items that won't stack. I've used larger inventory mods frequently but have gone back to using the default and dealing with the gameplay style that arises from it. Granted late game with the endurance run POIs it feels cramped again, even with the fully upgrade drone and copter around. Part of it is to make yourself stop collecting everything you don't need like a magpie. When you've got stacks and stacks and stacks of polymer, it is time to stop bringing more home.

Krougal

Krougal

6 minutes ago, theFlu said:

That's kinda what I'm worried about; all the hubbub of the water changes and they've mainly managed to add some heat to your base and some polymer farming. Could've reached roughly the same spot just by making the murky take a minute (or fifteen) to boil; polymer being replaced by the fuel.

Well, it takes 50 seconds now, so close. If they made the time ridiculous, the answer would be to just spam campfires (or just mod it back to 50). Make your crafting base a horde base to deal with the non-stop screamer horde and reap the rewards.

We shouldn't give them anymore bad ideas though. It always feels like they try to punish the players who will go to any length to game the system, but they just wind up punishing everyone.

One thing I will give them though, it is very difficult to balance everything in a game such as this. Even having the knowledge and ability to edit the configs, I still waffle back and forth a lot on what feels right. Take the limited inventory size vs the ever increasing variety of items that won't stack. I've used larger inventory mods frequently but have gone back to using the default and dealing with the gameplay style that arises from it. Granted late game with the endurance run POIs it feels cramped again, even with the fully upgrade drone and copter around. Part of it is to make yourself stock collecting everything you don't need like a magpie. When you've got stacks and stacks and stacks of polymer, it is time to stop bringing more home.