Edit History

Please note that revisions older than 365 days are pruned and will no longer show here
Krougal

Krougal

1 hour ago, zztong said:

I've thought about doing this, though I worry it makes water too easy. I'm all for having to go harvest snow. I tend to keep a few thousand snow around to make Yucca Smoothies. I worry that it could become a high capacity glue factory. How is it playing out for you? What recipe are you using?

<append xpath="/recipes">
	<recipe name="drinkJarRiverWater" count="1" >
		<ingredient name="resourceSnowBall" count="10"/>
	</recipe>
</append>

I don't get a lot of use out of it, since I usually keep my main base in the grass biome and collect water. Considering it still has to be boiled I don't think either are too OP, but yes, the extra water sources are exactly that; a high capacity glue factory w/o spamming dew collectors.

1 hour ago, theFlu said:

Hmm, asking since you're actually modding it, and might've given it more of a test than I have: do you feel you're limited by the "water for glue production" at points in the game? What are those points? From A21 I never felt limited because of water past d1/d2, and while my experience with A22 is solely from YT, I don't think it changed much. If anything the collectors are more effective now. (?)

In A21 I felt very limited. While I abuse the traders as much as the next guy, I still prefer to craft my own gear. Before 1.0 added them, I also had modded QL6 crafting but my recipes were fair and balanced (I think it was pahbi's mod I went with) and used a ton of glue. 2 junk turrets and a drone was a few hundred glue right there. I also like to use a full mix of weapons for different situations and I like the best. Late game, it is not unusual for me to have 5 or more firearms on me at a given time.

It might make it a little too easy, but the main thing is otherwise it is just tedious. 

I am not too far into 1.0 playthrough, so I haven't had a chance to update my sole dew collector yet. Considering it is pretty easy now to spam dew collectors I think it's more or less just a preference thing to have other options.

Afterthoughts:

I'd still consider glue the issue and not drinking water. My guess is the pimps see it that way too. The water filter being pretty common (I feel like I almost always have one in the first few days for several alphas) makes drinking a non-issue. If you don't have a filter, unless you're having trouble finding a pot, drinking is solved easily. Now even having the helmet filter, I still prefer to make red tea, especially since food seems to be an issue for me the first couple weeks, the slow digestion helps.

I also had tried the delay and stack limits but I feel like adding tedium would still not stop mass collection. Any power-gamer worth the title is going to sit there and get RSI clicking repeatedly and suffer through the mind-numbing boredom. I guess I just don't want to spend as much time thinking about making glue or do I save this glue or make it into duct tape as the pimps seem to want us to ever since they made everything duct tape based back in what? A20?.

I also think at vanilla that it makes certain other parts of the game not get used. Frequently I would go without things until late game rather than wasting precious duct tape that I will need later. Why blow a bunch on a low-tier gun or piece of armor, tough it out until you can make the ql 5/6 and also skip most tiers. Those t1 weapons may suck, but at least they don't require a repair kit to fix, which requires duct tape.

Krougal

Krougal

1 hour ago, zztong said:

I've thought about doing this, though I worry it makes water too easy. I'm all for having to go harvest snow. I tend to keep a few thousand snow around to make Yucca Smoothies. I worry that it could become a high capacity glue factory. How is it playing out for you? What recipe are you using?

<append xpath="/recipes">
	<recipe name="drinkJarRiverWater" count="1" >
		<ingredient name="resourceSnowBall" count="10"/>
	</recipe>
</append>

I don't get a lot of use out of it, since I usually keep my main base in the grass biome and collect water. Considering it still has to be boiled I don't think either are too OP, but yes, the extra water sources are exactly that; a high capacity glue factory w/o spamming dew collectors.

45 minutes ago, theFlu said:

Hmm, asking since you're actually modding it, and might've given it more of a test than I have: do you feel you're limited by the "water for glue production" at points in the game? What are those points? From A21 I never felt limited because of water past d1/d2, and while my experience with A22 is solely from YT, I don't think it changed much. If anything the collectors are more effective now. (?)

In A21 I felt very limited. While I abuse the traders as much as the next guy, I still prefer to craft my own gear. Before 1.0 added them, I also had modded QL6 crafting but my recipes were fair and balanced (I think it was pahbi's mod I went with) and used a ton of glue. 2 junk turrets and a drone was a few hundred glue right there. I also like to use a full mix of weapons for different situations and I like the best. Late game, it is not unusual for me to have 5 or more firearms on me at a given time.

It might make it a little too easy, but the main thing is otherwise it is just tedious. 

I am not too far into 1.0 playthrough, so I haven't had a chance to update my sole dew collector yet. Considering it is pretty easy now to spam dew collectors I think it's more or less just a preference thing to have other options.