Edit History

Please note that revisions older than 365 days are pruned and will no longer show here
zztong

zztong

1 hour ago, BFT2020 said:

One issue with that method though is that a player can just simply spam E to generate a jar of murky water.  Makes it easier for players to mass collect water at the beginning of the game.

I understand that a counterpoint at the time was a timed delay, but I could image people then complaining about an "artificial" wait time to collect water.

I feel what they have done is a good compromise and we have seen them take feedback to improve on it (mods added to the dew collector to speed it up and double stack size, filter not being required at the start to craft one).

I use a 6 second delay. I also restrict stacking of murky water to 10. I also give Boiled Water a 5% chance of dysentery to draw out the water issue longer. This means a larger investment of effort in making tea during the early game if I want to avoid dysentery. Only Pure Mineral Water is truly safe, and I change it so that it can only be made at a Chemistry Station.

If I wanted to do a "water run" to gather 100 water, I'd spend an hour and I'd have to clear out enough space in my inventory. In other words, I don't just swing by a ditch on my way back to base and gather a bunch of water, as if it were a "survival convenience store." I either build a base close to water (a rational survival decision) or I take time away from clearing POIs, kind of like harvesting food.

1 hour ago, Javabean867 said:

sounds like the perfect idea for your very own mod.  

I have one that I use in solo games. Folks are welcome to use it...

https://github.com/brucezztong/ZZTong.7D2D.Mods/tree/main/ZZTong-Water

zztong

zztong

54 minutes ago, BFT2020 said:

One issue with that method though is that a player can just simply spam E to generate a jar of murky water.  Makes it easier for players to mass collect water at the beginning of the game.

I understand that a counterpoint at the time was a timed delay, but I could image people then complaining about an "artificial" wait time to collect water.

I feel what they have done is a good compromise and we have seen them take feedback to improve on it (mods added to the dew collector to speed it up and double stack size, filter not being required at the start to craft one).

I use a 6 second delay. I also restrict stacking of murky water to 10. I also give Boiled Water a 5% chance of dysentery to draw out the water issue longer. This means a larger investment of effort in making tea during the early game if you want to avoid dysentery. Only Pure Mineral Water is truly safe, and I change it so that it can only be made at a Chemistry Station.

If I wanted to do a "water run" to gather 100 water, I'd spend an hour and I'd have to clear out enough space in my inventory. In other words, I don't just swing by a ditch on my way back to base and gather a bunch of water, as if it were a "survival convenience store." I either build a base close to water (a rational survival decision) or I take time away from clearing POIs, kind of like harvesting food.

50 minutes ago, Javabean867 said:

sounds like the perfect idea for your very own mod.  

I have one that I use in solo games. Folks are welcome to use it...

https://github.com/brucezztong/ZZTong.7D2D.Mods/tree/main/ZZTong-Water