Edit History

Please note that revisions older than 365 days are pruned and will no longer show here
meganoth

meganoth

42 minutes ago, Kartan said:

mean your first 2 examples are totally irrelevant lol, games that start you with a pistol and you can’t take other enemies weapons? They have to maintain a level of challenge somehow there’s 1 goal in those fps games shoot the enemy.

TFP wants to make water a small struggle <-> The shooter wants to make ammo and weapons a struggle.

Very comparable, though in TFP it is on a smaller scale while ammo and guns is central to the shooter. Still I don't see why they are not comparable.

Both this and the second example show that players accept unrealistic limitations because there are reasons for it or because they don't even notice them. The reasons may be big or small, the players may not even really accept the reasons, but most of them don't even think about those limits when they play the game. They would only notice if the game changes those limits, either removing them or setting them up. Other missing containers in 7D2D show that if it isn't changed under your feet you don't even notice that they are missing.

So this is a result of being part of Early Access. If the game had water like this from the start nobody would have complained.

42 minutes ago, Kartan said:

I saw madmole in another thread talking about jars and water being leftover engine work previously from when it was more “Minecraft” like. What are they doing with the game then? What’s their final visions? I was always under the impression that this game was just that: Minecraft with zombies. That’s what it played like that’s what I introduced it to my friends as and they agreed. That’s not a bad thing? It’s unique and fun im not sure what their final vision of the game is. It seems playing this new version from the old Xbox one that it’s taken more of an FPS/Action genre, are they trying to make it more like dead island/ left for dead?? If so what a terrible idea. Minecraft zombies is what makes it unique and that’s what me and my friends will always appreciate it for. 

Their vision seems to be to create a new game in many respects and not simply copy stuff from other games. At least thats what I get from their experiments with all sorts of features where they always tried to find new ways instead of giving the player stuff they found in all the other games. If you only wanted Minecraft with Zombies, that is a rather meek goal wouldn't you say?. That could be done by a minecraft mod much better.

If you want the hundredth copy of some existing games like dead island, look around. Steam publishes dozen of uninspired copies of successful games each month

21 minutes ago, Kartan said:

Yeah, I can see the “nothing else is a container so why should water be one” argument except for the fact that it’s…. Water? I’m on day 6 and still haven’t found the forge ahead magazine so I’m stuck with no dew collector it seems. The fact they want me to run away from the lake to a random house to loot for dirty water to purify just doesn’t make any sense at all.

This is part of learning the game. To find out how it works, how to improve your chances to survive. I can tell you that no veteran player has a problem getting water and dew collector on day 1. Do you want to find out yourself or do you want us to tell you how it works?

meganoth

meganoth

41 minutes ago, Kartan said:

mean your first 2 examples are totally irrelevant lol, games that start you with a pistol and you can’t take other enemies weapons? They have to maintain a level of challenge somehow there’s 1 goal in those fps games shoot the enemy.

TFP wants to make water a small struggle <-> The shooter wants to make ammo and weapons a struggle.

Very comparable, though in TFP it is on a smaller scale while ammo and guns is central to the shooter. Still I don't see why they are not comparable.

Both this and the second example show that players accept unrealistic limitations because there are reasons for it or because they don't even notice them. The reasons may be big or small, the players may not even really accept the reasons, but most of them don't even think about those limits when they play the game. They would only notice if the game changes those limits, either removing them or setting them up. Other missing containers in 7D2D show that if it isn't changed under your feet you don't even notice that they are missing.

So this is a result of being part of Early Access. If the game had water like this from the start nobody would have complained.

41 minutes ago, Kartan said:

I saw madmole in another thread talking about jars and water being leftover engine work previously from when it was more “Minecraft” like. What are they doing with the game then? What’s their final visions? I was always under the impression that this game was just that: Minecraft with zombies. That’s what it played like that’s what I introduced it to my friends as and they agreed. That’s not a bad thing? It’s unique and fun im not sure what their final vision of the game is. It seems playing this new version from the old Xbox one that it’s taken more of an FPS/Action genre, are they trying to make it more like dead island/ left for dead?? If so what a terrible idea. Minecraft zombies is what makes it unique and that’s what me and my friends will always appreciate it for. 

Their vision seems to be to create a new game in many respects and not simply copy stuff from other games. At least thats what I get from their experiments with all sorts of features where they always tried to find new ways instead of giving the player stuff they found in all the other games. If you only wanted Minecraft with Zombies, that is a rather meek goal wouldn't you say?. That could be done by a minecraft mod much better.

If you want the hundredth copy of some existing games like dead island, look around. Steam publishes dozen of uninspired copies of successful games each month

20 minutes ago, Kartan said:

Yeah, I can see the “nothing else is a container so why should water be one” argument except for the fact that it’s…. Water? I’m on day 6 and still haven’t found the forge ahead magazine so I’m stuck with no dew collector it seems. The fact they want me to run away from the lake to a random house to loot for dirty water to purify just doesn’t make any sense at all.

This is part of learning the game. To find out how it works, how to improve your chances to survive. I can tell you that no veteran player has a problem getting water and dew collector on day 1. Do you want to find out yourself or should we tell you how it works?

meganoth

meganoth

36 minutes ago, Kartan said:

36 minutes ago, Kartan said:

meganoth

meganoth

13 minutes ago, Kartan said:

Both this and the second example show that players accept unrealistic limitations because there are reasons for it. The reasons may be big or small, the players may not even really accept the reasons, but most of them don't even think about those limits when they play the game. They would only notice if the game changes those limits, either removing them or setting them up. Other missing containers in 7D2D show that if it isn't changed under your feet you don't even notice that they are missing.

29 minutes ago, Kartan said: