Edit History

Please note that revisions older than 365 days are pruned and will no longer show here
RipClaw

RipClaw

32 minutes ago, Survior said:

I'm glad you brought that up. The idea that somehow crafting the same item, or slightly upgraded item, with 3 graphics total per type, for example spears and doing it several times and thinking that is fun is beyond me, that leads into the laughable balance that is, mod slots/tier levels for upgrading at all, where crafting an iron item is in every sense of the word a downgrade from the stone version  that does less damage, has less mod slots and is vastly more expensive to repair. Rinse and repeat for steel.

I have switched to only crafting something for the new technology tier when I can craft at least at quality level 3 in it. Going from quality level 5 to 1 does not work because the stats overlap. And of course a Q3 item has 2 mod slots instead of just one. Then I usually craft the item one more time when I reach Q5.

The only exception so far is that I made a Q1 M60 that has lower stats than my Q5 Assault Rifle but it can hold 120 rounds of ammo with the drum magazine, which is useful for a T5 boss fight.

In some cases I managed to craft only Q5 items for each technology tier like with the armor.

RipClaw

RipClaw

23 minutes ago, Survior said:

I'm glad you brought that up. The idea that somehow crafting the same item, or slightly upgraded item, with 3 graphics total per type, for example spears and doing it several times and thinking that is fun is beyond me, that leads into the laughable balance that is, mod slots/tier levels for upgrading at all, where crafting an iron item is in every sense of the word a downgrade from the stone version  that does less damage, has less mod slots and is vastly more expensive to repair. Rinse and repeat for steel.

I have switched to only crafting something for the new technology tier when I can craft at least at quality level 3 in it. Going from quality level 5 to 1 does not work because the stats overlap. An of course a Q3 item has 2 mod slots. Then I usually craft the item one more time when I reach Q5.

The only exception so far is that I made a Q1 M60 that has lower stats than my Q5 Assault Rifle but it can hold 120 rounds of ammo with the drum magazine, which is useful for a T5 boss fight.

In some cases I managed to craft only Q5 items for each technology tier like with the armor.

RipClaw

RipClaw

12 minutes ago, Survior said:

I have switched to only crafting something for the new technology tier when I can craft at least at quality level 3 in it. Going from quality level 5 to 1 does not work because the stats overlap. An of course a Q3 item has 2 mod slots. Then I usually craft the item one more time when I reach Q5.

I some cases I managed to craft only Q5 items for each technology tier like with the armor.