Edit History

Please note that revisions older than 365 days are pruned and will no longer show here
Survior

Survior

30 minutes ago, RipClaw said:

Well, one of the goals of the Learn by Reading system was to get people to craft much of their gear not just once but several times. And when you do that you need a lot of duct tape and glue. Who would have thought?

I know that the developers increased the amount of glue and duct tape you can find in loot and the trader sells both but I still have a shortage of glue. And this isn't even a play-through  where I need duct tape for ammo like the exploding crossbow bolts. At the moment I have 6 dew collectors and I use most of my water to produce glue.

I'm glad you brought that up. The idea that somehow crafting the same item, or slightly upgraded item, with 3 graphics total per type, for example spears and doing it several times and thinking that is fun is beyond me, that leads into the laughable balance that is, mod slots/tier levels for upgrading at all, where crafting an iron item is in every sense of the word a downgrade from the stone version  that does less damage, has less mod slots and is vastly more expensive to repair. Rinse and repeat for steel.

It took a year and a half to come up with this absolutely brilliant plan!

Survior

Survior

25 minutes ago, RipClaw said:

Well, one of the goals of the Learn by Reading system was to get people to craft much of their gear not just once but several times. And when you do that you need a lot of duct tape and glue. Who would have thought?

I know that the developers increased the amount of glue and duct tape you can find in loot and the trader sells both but I still have a shortage of glue. And this isn't even a play-through  where I need duct tape for ammo like the exploding crossbow bolts. At the moment I have 6 dew collectors and I use most of my water to produce glue.

I'm glad you brought that up. The idea that somehow crafting the same item, or slightly upgraded item, with 3 graphics total per type, for example spears and doing it several times and thinking that is fun is beyond me, that leads into the laughable balance that is, mod slots/tier levels for upgrading at all, where crafting an iron item is in every sense of the word a downgrade that does less damage, has less mod slots and is vastly more expensive to repair.