Edit History

Please note that revisions older than 365 days are pruned and will no longer show here
AH64_Jimbo

AH64_Jimbo

18 hours ago, Arma Rex said:

Have you thought about adding this to Navezgane?

I have, actually. The biggest problem is where do I put it? There may be some places, especially along the map edges, but I'd likely end up having to erase some of TFP work in order to make it fit. If anyone wants to take my prefabs and tackle this, I'd be more than happy to support them.

What I would rather do instead is create a custom-made 6K map from scratch, where all of the terrain is hand-crafted, all of the roads are purposefully painted and all of POIs (including TFP POIs) are carefully placed. This would, of course, be much more time-consuming than just modifying a Random Gen map.

There are some other ideas that I would like to implement in the future like;

• Adding additional and varied POIs
  • Create aviation-specific props to be used in the airport and aircraft, like actually airliner seats
  • Creating 'Tiered' Airports such as private airstrips, smaller local airports and Air Force bases.
  • Get my Airport prefabs to work with Random Gen

That last one, adding my airport to Random Gen, has been a tough nut to crack. Currently it's not compatible with Random Gen and would take a bit of coding to get all of the tiles to line up correctly. I have some ideas, though, and have been making small incremental progress.

In the meantime, I've got another POI in the works. It's still being developed, but here is a preview;

image.thumb.jpeg.bf28f40ba28eb5ee78ec10a3372148cc.jpeg

AH64_Jimbo

AH64_Jimbo

18 hours ago, Arma Rex said:

Have you thought about adding this to Navezgane?

I have, actually. The biggest problem is where do I put it? There may be some places, especially along the map edges, but I'd likely end up having to erase some of TFP work in order to make it fit. If anyone wants to take my prefabs and tackle this, I'd be more than happy to support them.

What I would rather do instead is create a custom-made 6K map from scratch, where all of the terrain is hand-crafted, all of the roads are purposefully painted and all of POIs (including TFP POIs) are carefully placed. This would, of course, be much more time-consuming than just modifying a Random Gen map.

There are some other ideas that I would like to implement in the future like;

• Adding additional and varied POIs
  • Creating 'Tiered' Airports such as private airstrips, smaller local airports and Air Force bases.
  • Get my Airport prefabs to work with Random Gen

That last one, adding my airport to Random Gen, has been a tough nut to crack. Currently it's not compatible with Random Gen and would take a bit of coding to get all of the tiles to line up correctly. I have some ideas, though, and have been making small incremental progress.

In the meantime, I've got another POI in the works. It's still being developed, but here is a preview;

image.thumb.jpeg.bf28f40ba28eb5ee78ec10a3372148cc.jpeg