Edit History

Please note that revisions older than 365 days are pruned and will no longer show here
Riamus

Riamus

10 hours ago, spud42 said:

interesting, but thats just what i need more walls to stop me driving around... lol

Does look interesting though... can you affect the width of these inverted crevices? some look a bit "Berlin wall"if you get my meaning... 

if you could get the crevices to alternate inverted,normal,inverted you could do some wicked iron age fort type earthworks..  look up Maiden Castle in the UK.....

Yes, this was just a relatively quick test of the idea.  You have control over width by adding more lines to the command (the first line is the center row of the crevice and each additional line adds another row to either side of the crevice, so 1 line = 1 row, 2 lines = 3 rows, 3 lines = 5 rows, etc.).  It might take some time to put together a really wide crevice that gradually gets bigger to avoid steep sides but it can certainly be done.  You can also easily alternate between regular and inverted, so you could have the outer rows be regular crevice cut into the ground, followed by the middle part of the crevice being inverted.  I was going to test that out but didn't get around to it, though I know it will work fine.

And you do have control over crevice lengths, so you can avoid having these block too much area for driving around if you want.

As a note, I did remove embers from the inverted crevice because they float on top and cause finger-like terrain sticking up along the top, which looks really bad.  I left the smokers and lighting, though you could remove those if you want.  They do look pretty nice but are perhaps a bit too frequent when inverted.  Just remember to use Filter Gaussian Blur because it really helps how it looks.  You can set a range so it only blurs the crevice area of the map so you can get some decent blurring there without affecting the rest of your map.

Riamus

Riamus

interesting, but thats just what i need more walls to stop me driving around... lol

Does look interesting though... can you affect the width of these inverted crevices? some look a bit "Berlin wall"if you get my meaning... 

if you could get the crevices to alternate inverted,normal,inverted you could do some wicked iron age fort type earthworks..  look up Maiden Castle in the UK.....

Yes, this was just a relatively quick test of the idea.  You have control over width by adding more lines to the command (the first line is the center row of the crevice and each additional line adds another row to either side of the crevice, so 1 line = 1 row, 2 lines = 3 rows, 3 lines = 5 rows, etc.).  It might take some time to put together a really wide crevice that gradually gets bigger to avoid steep sides but it can certainly be done.  You can also easily alternate between regular and inverted, so you could have the outer rows be regular crevice cut into the ground, followed by the middle part of the crevice being inverted.  I was going to test that out but didn't get around to it, though I know it will work fine.

And you do have control over crevice lengths, so you can avoid having these block too much area for driving around if you want.

Riamus

Riamus