Edit History

Please note that revisions older than 365 days are pruned and will no longer show here
Riamus

Riamus

5 hours ago, spud42 said:

it was your world generator 2.ini in the default presets.

That didn't really help as it doesn't explain what you changed and disabling commands doesn't cause the problem.

5 hours ago, paulj_3 said:

I had the same issue as Spud's, above (generator 2.ini), but didn't want any craters, so I had set the "# of Random Craters" to 0, and then, below that - unchecked "Add Random Craters", then hit "Run" and went to the "Expert" screen. During that "Run" I noticed that it was (high-speed) repeating a green-colored, 6-line section after the "Create Cliffed Coast" segment. I looked closer, and  it was the "---Loop Start---",  the three "Define Custom Tag" and the "Create Crater" plus "---Loop End---" I saw that "Create Crater" had an expected strikethrough line on it, but the looping still ran - endlessly. At first I thought this was normal, perhaps - but it ran unstopped for what seemed like an eternity - probably over and hour or maybe a bit more - I had actually given up watching it, and had gone to the TV for a while, but my patience eventually ran out. If it's not enabled, then I reckon it shouldn't run the loop at all. A bit of a bug?

Thank you.  This explains the problem.  It has nothing to do with disabling things.  You can't have 0 for the loop.  If you don't want craters, just disable them.  Don't set the # of craters to 0.  I'll see if Pille can do something to prevent that problem.

Update: Pille has put in a fix relating to the loops for the next release.

Riamus

Riamus

4 hours ago, spud42 said:

it was your world generator 2.ini in the default presets.

That didn't really help as it doesn't explain what you changed and disabling commands doesn't cause the problem.

4 hours ago, paulj_3 said:

I had the same issue as Spud's, above (generator 2.ini), but didn't want any craters, so I had set the "# of Random Craters" to 0, and then, below that - unchecked "Add Random Craters", then hit "Run" and went to the "Expert" screen. During that "Run" I noticed that it was (high-speed) repeating a green-colored, 6-line section after the "Create Cliffed Coast" segment. I looked closer, and  it was the "---Loop Start---",  the three "Define Custom Tag" and the "Create Crater" plus "---Loop End---" I saw that "Create Crater" had an expected strikethrough line on it, but the looping still ran - endlessly. At first I thought this was normal, perhaps - but it ran unstopped for what seemed like an eternity - probably over and hour or maybe a bit more - I had actually given up watching it, and had gone to the TV for a while, but my patience eventually ran out. If it's not enabled, then I reckon it shouldn't run the loop at all. A bit of a bug?

Thank you.  This explains the problem.  It has nothing to do with disabling things.  You can't have 0 for the loop.  If you don't want craters, just disable them.  Don't set the # of craters to 0.  I'll see if Pille can do something to prevent that problem.