Edit History

Please note that revisions older than 365 days are pruned and will no longer show here
Riamus

Riamus

On 8/12/2023 at 11:04 AM, spud42 said:

not a big fan of the crevice, disabled the crevice line and nearly 2 hrs later the map still hadent finished. seemed to be stuck.

i had to disable the start loop and end loop lines as well. 

have run 4 or 5 maps with riamus preset. not bad maps. cant seem to get a full water border though like i was getting with previous builds. 

Is there a way to invert the biomes in the directional biomes map? I know is trivial but those of us from down under have the snow in the south and the desert in the north.. lol

Strange that it's taking so long.  I can generate an 8k map with crevices in about 35min on the current build, including rivers, a crater, and main and side roads.  Cliffs will take a long time depending on your settings, as will craters and crevices.  These are similar to roads (especially side roads) in that they are going to be time consuming, so your choice is a longer generation or not using some or all of these features.

The second preset isn't designed for water all the way around the map.  If you want that, you can either change the preset or else use the first preset.  The second preset is for having a different style of map than the first.  Part of that is not having water surrounding the entire map.

As far as directional biomes, if you swap column A and column B, you'll get snow in the south.

Edit: Correction, you want to reverse the biomes in the command to get snow in the south.

Btw, if your concern about the crevice is that it was in the road, you can disable it from being across roads.  The example above was just showing it off.

Riamus

Riamus

2 hours ago, spud42 said:

not a big fan of the crevice, disabled the crevice line and nearly 2 hrs later the map still hadent finished. seemed to be stuck.

have run 4 or 5 maps with riamus preset. not bad maps. cant seem to get a full water border though like i was getting with previous builds. 

Is there a way to invert the biomes in the directional biomes map? I know is trivial but those of us from down under have the snow in the south and the desert in the north.. lol

Strange that it's taking so long.  I can generate an 8k map with crevices in about 35min on the current build, including rivers, a crater, and main and side roads.  Cliffs will take a long time depending on your settings, as will craters and crevices.  These are similar to roads (especially side roads) in that they are going to be time consuming, so your choice is a longer generation or not using some or all of these features.

The second preset isn't designed for water all the way around the map.  If you want that, you can either change the preset or else use the first preset.  The second preset is for having a different style of map than the first.  Part of that is not having water surrounding the entire map.

As far as directional biomes, if you swap column A and column B, you'll get snow in the south.

Btw, if your concern about the crevice is that it was in the road, you can disable it from being across roads.  The example above was just showing it off.

Riamus

Riamus

2 hours ago, spud42 said: