Edit History

Please note that revisions older than 365 days are pruned and will no longer show here
spud42

spud42

upgated link for some reason it stopped working.

Ok, thiss has been an ordeal.

height map taken from Tangram heightmapper using Tallmanbrads tutorial on his youtube channel.

its a 10K map

i had to go in with GIMP and smudge some areas of the height map so cities would build at all. original had too much variations in height to let a city spawn.

I noter there are a high concentration of pois creating town like areas will remain to be explored if they make sense in game. They are linked with paths/roads. check the top right of the map, it spawned 7 ship poi's . 

Overall the final render with errosion rivers and roads took approx 3 hours on a Ryzen 5800X . It is the roads that take all the time. watching on perofmance monitor the road making only uses 1 core. interestingly it moves cores but only ever uses 1 core at 100% for a while then switches to another core. Shows 8% CPU usage. Maybe the road generation cant use multi threads?

If anybody wants it here is a link  https://gofile.me/6ZBka/ehpVQ5eHi         Edit: updated link 29/3/2024

1360687507_previewsmall.thumb.jpg.7c04b6f7b53d453f4be14a16cb6e0ddb.jpg

spud42

spud42

Ok, thiss has been an ordeal.

height map taken from Tangram heightmapper using Tallmanbrads tutorial on his youtube channel.

its a 10K map

i had to go in with GIMP and smudge some areas of the height map so cities would build at all. original had too much variations in height to let a city spawn.

I noter there are a high concentration of pois creating town like areas will remain to be explored if they make sense in game. They are linked with paths/roads. check the top right of the map, it spawned 7 ship poi's . 

Overall the final render with errosion rivers and roads took approx 3 hours on a Ryzen 5800X . It is the roads that take all the time. watching on perofmance monitor the road making only uses 1 core. interestingly it moves cores but only ever uses 1 core at 100% for a while then switches to another core. Shows 8% CPU usage. Maybe the road generation cant use multi threads?

If anybody wants it here is a link  http://gofile.me/6ZBka/e3JPhF3jD

1360687507_previewsmall.thumb.jpg.7c04b6f7b53d453f4be14a16cb6e0ddb.jpg