New Storyline Quest Mod- looking for feedback

work22

I thought I'd give a suggestion did this.  For me, quests that have me doing the same things that I am already doing aren't really that exciting for me.  It is like an achievement for completing a game's chapter or tutorial.  What I think could really be interesting is to have quests that have you do something you normally wouldn't.

For example, you want to help the traders out so they can better support the community.  So, maybe you do quests for Rekt to get him a certain number of seeds of each type and for each of those completed, he will offer more of that kind of plant/fruit for sale than normal.  Basically, you are helping him get his farm up and going.  For another trader, maybe you get them ore and they offer more forged iron or something like that.  Not so much more that it is too much, but have traders offer less than normal to start and maybe 50%-100% more than normal after.

That kind of quest would have me doing something I wouldn't normally do and would make sense in terms of a story.

Just a suggestion that might lead you to more interesting quests. 😁

12 hours ago, Riamus said:

I thought I'd give a suggestion did this.  For me, quests that have me doing the same things that I am already doing aren't really that exciting for me.  It is like an achievement for completing a game's chapter or tutorial.  What I think could really be interesting is to have quests that have you do something you normally wouldn't.

For example, you want to help the traders out so they can better support the community.  So, maybe you do quests for Rekt to get him a certain number of seeds of each type and for each of those completed, he will offer more of that kind of plant/fruit for sale than normal.  Basically, you are helping him get his farm up and going.  For another trader, maybe you get them ore and they offer more forged iron or something like that.  Not so much more that it is too much, but have traders offer less than normal to start and maybe 50%-100% more than normal after.

That kind of quest would have me doing something I wouldn't normally do and would make sense in terms of a story.

Just a suggestion that might lead you to more interesting quests. 😁

That's a fair point @Riamus, I should clarify that perhaps the opening quests are more like what you would normally do, and as you go on the quests become a bit different- like build an ER, or build a helipad and get a gyrocopter, which i doubt most players do.  But I had to choose a limited scope otherwise this would become like a part time or full time job.  The goal for me was to create a meaningful story for the gameplay.

1 hour ago, work22 said:

That's a fair point @Riamus, I should clarify that perhaps the opening quests are more like what you would normally do, and as you go on the quests become a bit different- like build an ER, or build a helipad and get a gyrocopter, which i doubt most players do.  But I had to choose a limited scope otherwise this would become like a part time or full time job.  The goal for me was to create a meaningful story for the gameplay.

Hey, this is version 1.0 of your mod. There is time later on to improve it ;)

Thank you very much for your work. I'll definetly try this mod (would be my first one).

4 hours ago, work22 said:

Ah, okay.  That would definitely make it interesting.  I was thinking it would be more of the same thing as the starter quests that you do each game and that I hate having to do, but don't want to give up the 4 perk points.  :)