7 Days to Die - Rings of Potential - Game Version 1.0

Bladestorm Games

Posted (edited)

Hey, just came to mention that the Thunderstruck Ring does not work, description says gives a thunderstrike effect on archery and spear throw, but there's no effect with either weapon type and spear throwing isn't in the game anymore.

Edited by BrendanatorX (see edit history)

I would also like to add that the Ring of Stamina also does not function. It may sometimes appear to work the moment you put it on but then both in stats and in looking at your stamina, it does not properly increase your stamina regen amount.

On 7/4/2024 at 8:26 AM, reywolf said:

hey first time that i see this mod, but is there a way to disable sound of the rings like there is on the relics? hearing the ring of roar is starting to be annoying and is a bit too loud, sorry for asking if someone already asked the same thing, cheers

I will eventually make an update for a no-sound version.

On 7/6/2024 at 5:07 AM, KeyMAP98 said:

Hello
The first
Thank you very much for your work.

The second
The Rings:
modRingAmplifyT1, modRingAmplifyT2, modRingAmplifyT3

They are not increasing my buff time

On 7/6/2024 at 6:29 PM, BrendanatorX said:

Hey, just came to mention that the Thunderstruck Ring does not work, description says gives a thunderstrike effect on archery and spear throw, but there's no effect with either weapon type and spear throwing isn't in the game anymore.

On 7/6/2024 at 8:50 PM, BrendanatorX said:

I would also like to add that the Ring of Stamina also does not function. It may sometimes appear to work the moment you put it on but then both in stats and in looking at your stamina, it does not properly increase your stamina regen amount.

Thanks for the notice, I will take a look and fix the issues soon.

Posted (edited)
On 7/6/2024 at 6:29 PM, BrendanatorX said:

I've tested Ring of Thunderstruck and it works for me.
image.png.5e452dc0bca829ea037a0fee4d578f30.png
Note that it only works with Archery hits, so melee / turrets shouldn't trigger the effect.
Updated the ring's description so it no longer includes Spear Throw.

On 7/6/2024 at 8:50 PM, BrendanatorX said:

I've tested Ring of Stamina and it works for me, both the Stamina increase, and Regen increase:

image.png.c6559e7d2570f35ef439c79fe418a144.png

image.png.c78f74e9914aeb1515d578ccb89b2779.png

Also I'm making a note here regarding Ring of Amplification and Ring of Wish - Amplification variant, I may temporarily disable them to find a solution to making them work.

Seems they changed how something works and I'm trying to figure out what that something is.

I got it to somewhat work, but the timer/duration of a consumable buff kept alternating between as if you had the ring equipped and didnt, every update to the timer/duration.
It seems I'm fighting $MetabolismDuration where my buff try's to update that value and the game updates it to a default value based on perkSlowMetabolism:
(progression.xml --> perkSlowMetabolism)

<triggered_effect trigger="onSelfProgressionUpdate" action="ModifyCVar" cvar="$MetabolismDuration" operation="set" value="1,.909,.833,.769,.714,.667"/>

Edited by Bladestorm Games (see edit history)

On 7/13/2024 at 8:21 PM, Bladestorm Games said:

Also I'm making a note here regarding Ring of Amplification and Ring of Wish - Amplification variant, I may temporarily disable them to find a solution to making them work.

Seems they changed how something works and I'm trying to figure out what that something is.

I got it to somewhat work, but the timer/duration of a consumable buff kept alternating between as if you had the ring equipped and didnt, every update to the timer/duration.
It seems I'm fighting $MetabolismDuration where my buff try's to update that value and the game updates it to a default value based on perkSlowMetabolism:
(progression.xml --> perkSlowMetabolism)

<triggered_effect trigger="onSelfProgressionUpdate" action="ModifyCVar" cvar="$MetabolismDuration" operation="set" value="1,.909,.833,.769,.714,.667"/>

I think this has something to do with it

<triggered_effect trigger="onSelfBuffStart" action="RefreshPerks"/>
            <triggered_effect trigger="onSelfBuffRemove" action="RefreshPerks"/>

• 2 weeks later...

Ring of Stealth doesn't seem to have a cooldown.

Each time it attemps to set it, there appears a buff with 60 min longevity and then it immediately disappears.

I guess it can be related to the similar problem in vanilla game when legs are healed instantly upon break.

Edited by Exeline (see edit history)

On 7/26/2024 at 8:04 PM, Exeline said:

Ring of Stealth doesn't seem to have a cooldown.

Each time it attemps to set it, there appears a buff with 60 min longevity and then it immediately disappears.

I guess it can be related to the similar problem in vanilla game when legs are healed instantly upon break.

Thanks for the report, this will be fixed in the next mod update.

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for the very interesting and desirable mod.  I am hosting a community server and I would like to use the mod.  Can you elaborate on the impact of not using it on the clients:

"For Multiplayer, Bladestorm Games suggest both Server/Host, and Client(s) / User(s) have the mod installed to avoid potential issues."

Thanks!

On 8/11/2024 at 6:22 PM, ahawksfan said:

Thanks for the very interesting and desirable mod.  I am hosting a community server and I would like to use the mod.  Can you elaborate on the impact of not using it on the clients:

"For Multiplayer, Bladestorm Games suggest both Server/Host, and Client(s) / User(s) have the mod installed to avoid potential issues."

Thanks!

If NOT using on client, then it should all still work except for icons not loading (Ring icons, buff icons)