rwgmixer.xml A20.6 problems with water border

funk

I'm trying to edit rwgmixer.xml for Darkness falls 4.1, my question probably also applies to vanilla A20.6 too. No matter what I try with the water_border propety section section of Mods\0-DarknessFallsCore\Config\rwgmixer.xml

<property class="water_border">
     <property name="scale" value="0,1"/>
</property>

I assume this means for example that water will start at 0 and fill up to 1 all around scale wise? Or is it a range where I should state it to always at have a border of at least 1 all around up to 1.5?

Other things I don't know:

<property name="border_step_distance" value="64"/>

I'm not sure what it does, I've tried reducing it, making it zero, tried removing it, tried removing both water_border and this to see if I could just have land all around, but still have no affect.

P.S. It seems alpha 20 automatically creates a 1km empty border all around each size of map, e.g. a 15360 map size is actually a 16384 map size where whatever is generated: land, water, and then a 1km empty border all around which seems a huge waste. I wish there was a way to use that 1km empty space for a water border, instead of having to make it 1km empty space, then say a 1km water border, then land in the middle. I guess that empty space is hardcoded? and would require a third party map generating tool to make true 16km maps with water borders beginning at the edges or at least closer to it.

I've attached examples of what I mean in my P.S. section, but would be glad to make a water border inside of that empty area all around if possible.

A20.6_2022-10-08_23-53-03.jpg

A20.6_2022-10-08_23-53-49.jpg