Shared Trader Quest Tiers & Horde Day Rate

Aithaed

Hello again, this is actually two entirely different suggestions that i've simply put into one thread. If you have opinions, please specify what your opinions are about.

1) Shared Trader Quest Tiers. (All Traders, always. Not just sometimes)

While I understand that conceptually some people would prefer if each and every trader had to go through the repetitive businesses of T1, then T2, then T3 (ect) Quests before reaching the higher tier, I think that there is a problem with that idea. Namely; Traders are guaranteed to spawn on the borders of Towns and Cities. That means that they WILL be in proximity to however many quests of each Tier, however, if a randomly generated Trader happens to not be in a City with a T5 Quest, they will hand you a T5 Quest however many KM away attached to an entirely different City.

Hence the argument about how it wouldn't make sense for reasons of reputation mechanics itself does not make sense, as Traders will offer quests in entirely separate regions.

-If you wanted to include in-character reasoning for game mechanics and whatnot, you could just as easily set it that Traders share their Tier minus 2 and say "oh yeah the traders talk to each other". This would also still present a requirement of interacting with a particular Trader before you become "trusted" by them, but T3 quests are far more interesting than T1 quests if only due to environment, length, and available loot.

The reason for suggesting this is that I have developed a situation in a Level 200 world where I want to work on T5 POIs in other regions (namely the Wasteland for the increased loot modifier), but the Trader there is very under-tiered compared to the ones I have in the Forest, Desert, and Snow biomes, as when I got the up-tier quest the tier did not transfer over as it sometimes does. With my suggestion here, developing ANY Trader to that point would cause all of them to at least have a solid starting point.

Also, entirely in my opinion here, but most of the T1 POIs have a similar issue to the T5 POIs in that their structure is so generally similar to each other due to the requirement of being a "starting point" that they kinda blur together. I've got all the T5s memorized like the back of my hand at this point, but T1s I can generally just guess and still be right. It also isn't an issue that could be solved by greater variety, because T1s need to be around the same difficulty, and there's a fairly limited number of designs that can fit into that.

2) Horde Day Calculations

I generally reduce the time span between Hordes as I continue to play the game, as reaching higher levels tends to outscale the zeds, and I like more frequent horde night gameplay.

My suggestion here is to make it so that the Horde Day Rate as set in settings is based directly off of how many days have passed as a multiple instead of basing it off of the current day.

For example, with a 7 day timer changing to a 5 day timer, with 14 days having passed. If you started with a 7 day timer and just beat the day 14 horde, then changed it to a 5 day timer, you'd hit a day 15 Horde Night instead of hitting a Horde on day 19.

This would make it easier to tell exactly when a horde is going to appear if you frequently change your gameplay settings.

Edited by Aithaed (see edit history)

• 1 month later...

The traders quest "did not transfer over as it sometimes does" is based on WHO the trader is. So if you start with Jenn and get her to T4 at starting area, then all Jenn you find will be at T4 also. Nothing really wrong with this, but I would prefer you have unique traders at every Trading Post.

Horde night changing could be put in easily as an option.