Terrible flagstone texture

Vitamine

Is there any chance of replacing the flagstone texture with another more realistic one. Or at best, what it was like in alpha 16. Now it just looks terrible, as if they just forgot to pull the texture. It is difficult to use it in construction. Thanks.

9 minutes ago, Vitamine said:

Is there any chance of replacing the flagstone texture with another more realistic one. Or at best, what it was like in alpha 16. Now it just looks terrible, as if they just forgot to pull the texture. It is difficult to use it in construction. Thanks.

In what way is it difficult to use in construction? 

1 hour ago, Jinx_DG said:

In what way is it difficult to use in construction? 

in my opinion, as I have already said, the texture is too faded and looks as if the texture just flew off. Any wall with it looks terrible. Especially when compared with what was in alpha 16.

Ahhh, I see. Yeah, the texture is a bit blah, but that is why we have Paint! Paint fixes everything! There's "old school" cobble brick paint texture iirc. 

Or you could just upgrade it to Concrete. Concrete fixes everything! 

Or you could Concrete it THEN Paint it! Concrete and Paint fixes everything!

Just ask my ex landlord who tried using concrete as wall putty then paint over the suspicious black mold creeping down the corner from the ceiling. 

Seriously though, If it can be an easy xml fix I'm sure someone here might help, but I don't see this being changed in game unless there are plans for a texture revamp. 

I'm not a modding expert by any means, but I've seen questions regarding textures asked before, and from my understanding, the block textures in the game (which include paint textures) are hard-coded (at least not xml-based) and cannot be modded. You can mod in new blocks that have their own unique texture, though.

Archived