Extending gameplay idea

TracerGhost

After exploring the randomly generated map world and building a base, my friend and I have become a bit bored. Left with the "What next?" problem. The only current solution really is to start a new map and game. But then we have to start all over. I think a better solution would begin with adding an airport as a POI. What you would do is have to collect parts to repair an airplane and fuel to run it. After this difficult task is done, you are left with the option to pack up your equipment and enter a new map with your current characters. You wouldn't actually manually fly the airplane, it would be more of a system of automatic transportation. Since the players will likely be armored and packing weapons, the new randomly generated map could be more difficult, with more hordes, more zombie dogs etc. You would then have more land to explore, another base to build. This process might even be repeatable. Perhaps on the flight to the new map, you burnt all your fuel or damaged the plan. Then you have more tasks, if possible to yet again go to another randomly generated map with the same characters. Just an idea, not sure if anyone has proposed this one :)

You have a good point in what happens when you've seen/done it all on a map. You could also implement transportation by simple moving to the edge of the map where a road moves off of it and an option pops up asking if you want to move to the next map. Of course, there should be a good reason to go to that map. More challenging 'level' is one option, but not something I'd personally care about. The other thread about POIs has many good options, and if many of these could be spread out over different maps, that might be a good reason, and there should be some kind of good 'reward' for going there. Find new recipes, different/new game play options - fix a car that can be driven, etc.

[QUOTE=LoneSoldier;129841]soo find airport, fix airplane, fly away... realize too late that you forgot to fill the fuel tank or don't know how to fly an airplane...and crash into the next map... must find airport in new map to try again?[/QUOTE] Yeah I was thinking you would have to either find the new airport or find a way to refuel or repair the airplane again. It could be a nice challenge to give the players something to aim for.

Archived