Are the lucky loot goggles bugged?

dex314

I know a while back wearing the lucky goggles that boosted looting score by +3 or +4 etc actually screwed up your looting level so it thought you were back to level 1 looting. Was that fixed? In A20 as I loot I will find lvl 2, 3, 4, 5 tools and weapons, but the moment I wear the goggles, I literally only find level 1 loot. I am staying in the same biome, at the same game stage, looting the same kinds of boxes. I thought I was imagining it so I did it again, and after a whole looting session, found 4 steel tools, 2 guns, and a socket wrench, all level 1. Am I just really unlucky?

I've found higher level loot while wearing them so I'm sure they don't set your lootstage to 1. That said, they don't really seem to be useful for looting since a bonus of 3-5 on a stat with breakpoints in the hundreds is pretty close to insignificant.

Also note that steel tools and socket wrenches aren't lootstage 1 finds even if they are low quality.

Edited by ElDudorino (see edit history)

That's a good point about those items not being lootstage 1. And yea, I haven't played in a while and just recently found the loot stage stat in the player stat page. Looks like player level makes a huge difference in loot stage. I guess the next question then is if the goggles add +4 to your loot stage or +4 to some other metric like lucky looter. 

Edited by dex314 (see edit history)