Edit History

Please note that revisions older than 365 days are pruned and will no longer show here
Riamus

Riamus

1 hour ago, Matt115 said:

Well - consider that situation is bad in 7DTD world such number of error is made special to show it was made fast and in "bad conditions" so a  lot of errors is realistic here and totaly fine. specialy for small local newsspaper

Possible, but I still think this is just a lot of errors made unintentionally.  And if what you are suggesting were true, as far as a paper getting things wrong in such a situation, I still wouldn't expect the virus to be named incorrectly.  Perhaps a typo, but not a different name.  The virus name would be something everyone would be very familiar with in such a situation.  Just look at COVID.  People aren't misnaming it.  And that wasn't anything remotely similar in danger as the virus in this game.  Also, there's a difference between typos and similar mistakes due to being rushed or stressed or whatever and grammatical errors that sound like someone who isn't a native speaker is writing the article, which wouldn't be so likely for a small local newspaper.  The writers would most likely be fluent in a local paper.  The papers themselves also look well-made.  Good pictures, formatting, etc.  If it was such a bad situation that the papers were struggling to provide good quality, you'd expect other types of problems than grammar and misnaming the virus.  But it is possible.

Anyhow, if it is intentional, then that's fine.  I just don't believe it is.  And if it isn't, then that's sloppy work.  I appreciate the art team and all they do.  But they should have QA/proofing people who check stuff like this before it's finalized.

Riamus

Riamus

Well - consider that situation is bad in 7DTD world such number of error is made special to show it was made fast and in "bad conditions" so a  lot of errors is realistic here and totaly fine. specialy for small local newsspaper

Possible, but I still think this is just a lot of errors made unintentionally.  And if what you are suggesting were true, as far as a paper getting things wrong in such a situation, I still wouldn't expect the virus to be named incorrectly.  Perhaps a typo, but not a different name.  The virus name would be something everyone would be very familiar with in such a situation.  Just look at COVID.  People aren't misnaming it.  And that wasn't anything remotely similar in danger as the virus in this game.  Also, there's a difference between typos and similar mistakes due to being rushed or stressed or whatever and grammatical errors that sound like someone who isn't a native speaker is writing the article, which wouldn't be so likely for a small local newspaper.  The writers would most likely be fluent in a local paper.

Anyhow, if it is intentional, then that's fine.  I just don't believe it is.  And if it isn't, then that's sloppy work.  I appreciate the art team and all they do.  But they should have QA/proofing people who check stuff like this before it's finalized.

Riamus

Riamus

Possible, but I still think this is just a lot of errors made unintentionally.  And if what you are suggesting were true, as far as a paper getting things wrong in such a situation, I still wouldn't expect the virus to be named incorrectly.  Perhaps a typo, but not a different name.  The virus name would be something everyone would be very familiar with in such a situation.  Just look at COVID.  People aren't misnaming it.  And that wasn't anything remotely similar in danger as the virus in this game.  Also, there's a difference between typos and similar mistakes due to being rushed or stressed or whatever and grammatical errors that sound like someone who isn't a native speaker writing the article, which wouldn't be so likely for a small local newspaper.  The writers would most likely be fluent in a local paper.

Riamus

Riamus

53 minutes ago, Matt115 said:

Possible, but I still think this is just a lot of errors made unintentionally.  And if what you are suggesting were true as far as a paper getting things wrong in such a situation, I still wouldn't expect the virus to be named incorrectly.  Perhaps a typo, but not a different name.  The virus name would be something everyone would be very familiar with in such a situation.  Just look at COVID.  People aren't misnaming it.  And that wasn't anything remotely similar in danger as the virus in this game.  Also, there's a difference between typos and similar mistakes due to being rushed or stressed or whatever and grammatical errors that sound like someone who isn't a native speaker writing the article, which wouldn't be so likely for a small local newspaper.  The writers would most likely be fluent in a local paper.