Edit History

Please note that revisions older than 365 days are pruned and will no longer show here
bdubyah

bdubyah

7 hours ago, Laran Mithras said:

I wonder if Bandits are a case of "bit off more than we could chew."

It isn't just a zombie reskin; these may have firearms.

I see balance issues, definitely. Playing with the NPC mod, I found there were times the wife and I were simply ambushed by a single opponent who took us both down before we figured out from where the shots were coming. Bad enough on lower difficulties. On higher, I don't think many players will appreciate being shot for 80% of their health, dance around trying to look for them, get shot again and... dead.

Do the Bandits have advanced AI with the same weapons we have? Kiss your playthrough goodbye. Do they dumb down the Bandits by making them blind outside of 8 blocks? Nerf their firearm damage? I imagine this isn't going to be easy.

I love the work done on NPCmod, but you can't compare that to what TFP will do. Most of what is used in NPCmod is just old TFP code/AI. They will likely balance them the same as zombies. Lower difficulty means they do less damage, maybe accuracy, etc. I'm sure they will be good, and will only help us modders do even more with them.

bdubyah

bdubyah

I see balance issues, definitely. Playing with the NPC mod, I found there were times the wife and I were simply ambushed by a single opponent who took us both down before we figured out from where the shots were coming. Bad enough on lower difficulties. On higher, I don't think many players will appreciate being shot for 80% of their health, dance around trying to look for them, get shot again and... dead.

Do the Bandits have advanced AI with the same weapons we have? Kiss your playthrough goodbye. Do they dumb down the Bandits by making them blind outside of 8 blocks? Nerf their firearm damage? I imagine this isn't going to be easy.

I love the work done on NPCmod, but you can't compare that to what TFP will do. Most of what is used in NPCmod is just old TFP code/AI. They will likely balance them the same as zombies. Lower difficulty means they do less damage, maybe accuracy, etc. I'm sure they will be good, and will only help us modders do even more with them.