Edit History

Please note that revisions older than 365 days are pruned and will no longer show here
Laz Man

Laz Man

1 hour ago, 4sheetzngeegles said:

@Laz Man I have not had a question for you in a long time,
but, for curiosity sake, I have a direct one now.

This is not a challenge question, even if it reads as such.

Explanation:
It actually comes from the history of me gaming "97" Ultima Online til now, and watching
the video interviews, for multiple games and their developers, for games that I've
played and still will play for years. The last reference for my curiosity is
participating in this forum, reading, and responding to, fellow survivors, and devs.

Question:
The triggers that are being developed, are they I/O in nature or if/then/else closer
to fuzzy logic neural-net and or algorithmic? Thus allowing for multiple possibilities.

I'm curious because many of the arguments that i've read across forums showed that
whenever a dev, has initiated an I/O trigger, or mechanic implementation, or in-house thought
process. No matter how beautiful or seemingly logical it is in it's nature, the gaming
populace does not follow it. It's not Canon, but human choice, and human nature.

Not sure I fully understand your question.  Our use cases in level design are mostly basic (e.g. keyrack triggers door to open)  Unless it changes before public release, we have a recent improvement to the system that allows POI designers to specify AND vs OR logic for things like doors. (e.g. 2 buttons that must be triggered to open a door).  We have talked about having a feature like this in level design before and I have also seen several custom POI creators ask for it as well so I worked with our designers and programmers on the request to get it in.

Edit: Ultima Online rocks!  Played on the Pacific and Baja servers back in the day.

Laz Man

Laz Man

59 minutes ago, 4sheetzngeegles said:

@Laz Man I have not had a question for you in a long time,
but, for curiosity sake, I have a direct one now.

This is not a challenge question, even if it reads as such.

Explanation:
It actually comes from the history of me gaming "97" Ultima Online til now, and watching
the video interviews, for multiple games and their developers, for games that I've
played and still will play for years. The last reference for my curiosity is
participating in this forum, reading, and responding to, fellow survivors, and devs.

Question:
The triggers that are being developed, are they I/O in nature or if/then/else closer
to fuzzy logic neural-net and or algorithmic? Thus allowing for multiple possibilities.

I'm curious because many of the arguments that i've read across forums showed that
whenever a dev, has initiated an I/O trigger, or mechanic implementation, or in-house thought
process. No matter how beautiful or seemingly logical it is in it's nature, the gaming
populace does not follow it. It's not Canon, but human choice, and human nature.

Not sure I fully understand your question.  Our use cases in level design are mostly basic (e.g. keyrack triggers door to open)  Unless it changes before public release, we have a recent improvement to the system that allows POI designers to specify AND vs OR logic for things like doors. (e.g. 2 buttons that must be triggered to open a door).  We have talked about having a feature like this in level design before and I have also seen several custom POI creators ask for it as well so I worked with our designers and programmers on the request to get it in.