Edit History

Please note that revisions older than 365 days are pruned and will no longer show here
4sheetzngeegles

4sheetzngeegles

change I to It

7 hours ago, Arez said:

I don't know if this is the same type of situation, but the sidewalk blocks surrounding the Poopy Pants Daycare go flush with the surrounding terrain, which is impossible to do if a player were to place blocks in the terrain themself. And if you are to break one of the Poopy Pants sidewalk blocks and replace it with your own, the terrain no longer goes flush. 

Supposedly there's a mod that allows the player to make the terrain go flush with blocks. If I find it I'll edit the post with a link.

If what I am thinking about the post is correct, it may be the need for an inexpensive recipe to create
<block name="terrainFillerAdaptive"> PLAYER. This is an extends of <block name="terrainFiller"> DEV
that was created a few alphas back for nearly the same reason. I just went in to test it again at
the poopy daycare.

Its kind of picky though. I dug out a terrain block by an old house that had flat terrain at the
sidewalk dropped on in and it seamlessly replaced it. but i had to dig the terrain block out first
or it just made a clump.

Then i went to the daycare, and dug out a block of terrain that had a divot in it, when I replaced
it, the divot returned, exactly as before.

If a simple recipe were added, to convert clay, dirt, or any form of terrain into  the "adaptive filler"
this might resolve some of the issues, but you would need to replace a damaged block with a complete one
of that type. This is because of the invisible bounding box when using partial.

It actually made me think about the demo FUBAR tried with water in the snow region, maybe this parameter
could help with the hydroform, when dumping water into a hole or container. It just needs to keep its
appearance and attributes.

That may be what the mod does, that you wrote about.

4sheetzngeegles

4sheetzngeegles

7 hours ago, Arez said:

I don't know if this is the same type of situation, but the sidewalk blocks surrounding the Poopy Pants Daycare go flush with the surrounding terrain, which is impossible to do if a player were to place blocks in the terrain themself. And if you are to break one of the Poopy Pants sidewalk blocks and replace it with your own, the terrain no longer goes flush. 

Supposedly there's a mod that allows the player to make the terrain go flush with blocks. If I find it I'll edit the post with a link.

If what I am thinking about the post is correct, it may be the need for an inexpensive recipe to create
<block name="terrainFillerAdaptive"> PLAYER. This is an extends of <block name="terrainFiller"> DEV
that was created a few alphas back for nearly the same reason. I just went in to test it again at
the poopy daycare.

Its kind of picky though. I dug out a terrain block by an old house that had flat terrain at the
sidewalk dropped on in and it seamlessly replaced it. but i had to dig the terrain block out first
or it just made a clump.

Then i went to the daycare, and dug out a block of terrain that had a divot in it, when I replaced
it, the divot returned, exactly as before.

If a simple recipe were added, to convert clay, dirt, or any form of terrain into  the "adaptive filler"
this might resolve some of the issues, but you would need to replace a damaged block with a complete one
of that type. This is because of the invisible bounding box when using partial.

I actually made me think about the demo FUBAR tried with water in the snow region, maybe this parameter
could help with the hydroform, when dumping water into a hole or container. It just needs to keep its
appearance and attributes.

That may be what the mod does, that you wrote about.