Edit History

Please note that revisions older than 365 days are pruned and will no longer show here
meilodasreh

meilodasreh

2 hours ago, Arez said:

repaired items drop in quality level.

That used to be the case in former alphas. I liked that too.

Iirc it was abandoned in A16(?). Before that you had quality levels 1-600 or so, and each time you repaired an item it dropped a few levels. 

Also, weapons were combined out of parts, and each part had its own quality level, so changing one part for a better one made the whole thing better.

I don't quite remember how it worked exactly, maybe I'm even mixing stuff up a little.

But I definitely liked that gun parts thingy. That initially brought be to DF, where this does still apply, along with the "repair but quality loss".

But you also have the option to repair and even "upgrade" (raise quality) by combining two weapons of the same kind.

I hope that "upgrade" mechanics is somehow adapted to vanilla.

I think it would benefit the system a lot.

People are even more encouraged to get out and loot (which is what TFP intend), but also it would address those who complain that the best stuff is "loot-only", when it would be allowed to combine let's say three identical quality6 weapons into a q7 one. (maybe even then 10 of these to an end level 8, must not be infinitely raisable of course)

That would be quite rewarding for the crafters, when they can say "hey it was hell of a grind to find these, but now I can craft that thing that can never be found".

I'm sure that kind of system has its downsides too, just as every system that was, is and maybe will be there, has its pros and cons.

So, just expressing my thoughts here, no need for "no because..." responses. I know there are.

meilodasreh

meilodasreh

1 hour ago, Arez said:

repaired items drop in quality level.

That used to be the case in former alphas. I liked that too.

Iirc it was abandoned in A16(?). Before that you had quality levels 1-600 or so, and each time you repaired an item it dropped a few levels. 

Also, weapons were combined out of parts, and each part had its own quality level, so changing one part for a better one made the whole thing better.

I don't quite remember how it worked exactly, maybe I'm even mixing stuff up a little.

But I definitely liked that gun parts thingy. That initially brought be to DF, where this does still apply, along with the "repair but quality loss".

But you also have the option to repair and even "upgrade" (raise quality) by combining two weapons of the same kind.

I hope that "upgrade" mechanics is somehow adapted to vanilla.

I think it would benefit the system a lot.

People are even more encouraged to get out and loot (which is what TFP intend), but also it would address those who complain that the best stuff is "loot-only", when it would be allowed to combine let's say three identical tier6 weapons into a tier7 one. (maybe even then 10 of these to an end level 8, must not be infinitely raisable of course)

That would be quite rewarding for the crafters, when they can say "hey it was hell of a grind to find these, but now I can craft that thing that can never be found".

I'm sure that kind of system has its downsides too, just as every system that was, is and maybe will be there, has its pros and cons.

So, just expressing my thoughts here, no need for "no because..." responses. I know there are.