Edit History

Please note that revisions older than 365 days are pruned and will no longer show here
meganoth

meganoth

3 hours ago, FramFramson said:

I mean we do actually have vehicle crashing, we just don't have it so that you go flying out of or off the vehicle when it crashes. But the vehicle can be destroyed, can fly through the air and crash with enough of a ramp/hole/whatever, and the player can be killed or hurt on impact. It can also spin out.

I don't see vehicles crashing. I see the motorbike toppling over but the only result is that the bike is pointed into a random location but you sitting perfectly on it without getting any damage. There is nothing there that would look like you simply losing control and getting thrown off (i.e. what you would see in motorbike races when the driver loses control).

But you made a good point here, "losing control" would be the better term to describe the intended cause instead of "crashing".

The wobbling doesn't equal you being thrown off because you, uh, don't get thrown off (but also it's an almost entirely visual effect). Which kind of gets at the problem - the game is displaying data which implies you're losing control of your vehicle, when in fact you're not.

You have to explain that. You ARE losing control of the vehicle when the wobbling starts, the only thing that is missing is a chance to get thrown off.

ot just a "looks goofy" problem, it's a legitimate functional issue, at least for a newer player.

I don't see new players complaining. I see a few veterans complaining. 😉

meganoth

meganoth

I mean we do actually have vehicle crashing, we just don't have it so that you go flying out of or off the vehicle when it crashes. But the vehicle can be destroyed, can fly through the air and crash with enough of a ramp/hole/whatever, and the player can be killed or hurt on impact. It can also spin out.

I don't see vehicles crashing. I see the motorbike toppling over but the only result is that the bike is pointed into a random location but you sitting perfectly on it without getting any damage. There is nothing there that would look like you simply losing control and getting thrown off (i.e. what you would see in motorbike races when the driver loses control).

But you made a good point here, "losing control" would be the better term to describe the intended cause instead of "crashing".

The wobbling doesn't equal you being thrown off because you, uh, don't get thrown off (but also it's an almost entirely visual effect). Which kind of gets at the problem - the game is displaying data which implies you're losing control of your vehicle, when in fact you're not.

You have to explain that ??? You ARE losing control of the vehicle when the wobbling starts, the only thing that is missing is a chance to get thrown off.

ot just a "looks goofy" problem, it's a legitimate functional issue, at least for a newer player.

I don't see new players complaining. I see a few veterans complaining. 😉