Edit History

Please note that revisions older than 365 days are pruned and will no longer show here
meganoth

meganoth

1 hour ago, Matt115 said:

And this what i'm saying about bad design

It seems they disagree. This is similar to you encouraging a **successful** corn farmer to change to yucca farming while having never grown yucca yourself. 😉

7DTD had describtion that suggest that they are going to be... serious at least for this years standards

You read what you wanted to read. I find nothing in the description that suggests any of that.

Check out https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/7daystodie/7-days-to-die-zombie-survival-game

There is not a single mention of the word "dark" in there, there is nothing at all talking about seriousness/darkness or humor at all. Meanwhile their company name is "Fun Pimps". I'd say 1:0 for me.

The steam page has the sentence "Set in a brutally unforgiving post-apocalyptic world..." that just means "difficult" to my ears, the "brutally" is embelishing the word "unforgiving" here. This is the only sentence that even remotely could be read in the way you are suggesting, if my interpretation of it were wrong.

If you disagree, please post where you found that description you are talking about.

most assets was looking literaly like taken from zombie panic! source. So - if something looks like cat, sounds like cats then it's a cat or horse? 

Most assets were bought from the Unity store and were placeholders. If something is unfinished then it might look like a cat but grows into a horse. So yes, it probably is a horse now.

It is even possible that TFP wanted a more serious game at first. But even if that were true, they were completely free to change their mind as they never promised a dark serious game.

I undestood this from your comment

What I said was that you can talk to the devs directly by making an initial post (not a reply to someone) in this dev diary and they might read it. But discussing something with me, even in this same thread, will likely be ignored by them. And my "mod" status is irrelevant for this. (Likely they already know your opinion anyway by now, so repeating it every time is probaby superfluous by now, you only get one "vote")

That they actually read some of this is proven by the fact that some time after you started posting in this forum suddenly a few skeletons and a news stand appeared in the game and I think one of the POI designers posted a picture of the newsstand in a reply to you.

meganoth

meganoth

It seems they disagree. This is similar to you encouraging a **successful** corn farmer to change to yucca farming while having never grown yucca yourself. 😉

7DTD had describtion that suggest that they are going to be... serious at least for this years standards

You read what you wanted to read. I find nothing in the description that suggests any of that.

Check out https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/7daystodie/7-days-to-die-zombie-survival-game

There is not a single mention of the word "dark" in there, there is nothing at all talking about seriousness/darkness or humor at all. Meanwhile their company name is "Fun Pimps". I'd say 1:0 for me.

The steam page has the sentence "Set in a brutally unforgiving post-apocalyptic world..." that just means "difficult" to my ears, the "brutally" is embelishing the word "unforgiving" here. This is the only sentence that even remotely could be read in the way you are suggesting, if my interpretation of it were wrong.

If you disagree, please post where you found that description you are talking about.

most assets was looking literaly like taken from zombie panic! source. So - if something looks like cat, sounds like cats then it's a cat or horse? 

Most assets were bought from the Unity store and were placeholders. If something is unfinished then it might look like a cat but grows into a horse. So yes, it probably is a horse now.

It is even possible that TFP wanted a more serious game at first. But even if that were true, they were completely free to change their mind as they never promised a dark serious game.

What I said was that you can talk to the devs directly by making an initial post (not a reply to someone) in this dev diary and they might read it. But discussing something with me, even in this same thread, will likely be ignored by them. And my "mod" status is irrelevant for this.

That they actually read some of this is proven by the fact that some time after you started posting in this forum suddenly a few skeletons and a news stand appeared in the game and I think one of the POI designers posted a picture of the newsstand in a reply to you.

meganoth

meganoth

32 minutes ago, Matt115 said:

It seems they disagree. This is similar to you encouraging a **successful** corn farmer to change to yucca while having never grown yucca yourself.

40 minutes ago, Matt115 said:

58 minutes ago, Matt115 said:

What I said was that you can talk to the devs directly by making an initial post (not a reply to someone) in this dev diary and they might read it. But discussing something with me, even in this same thread, will likely be ignored by them. And my "mod" status is irrelevant for this.