Edit History

Please note that revisions older than 365 days are pruned and will no longer show here
icehot

icehot

1 hour ago, meganoth said:

Realism ("other people selling to him") is a useless argument for this game if we talk about balancing. Secondly 2 to 3 weeks is less than 20 to 30 hours except with a longer day setting but he said he plays default. Now a magnum isn't endgame gun either, but steel melee weapons are and the pimps seem to target a longer playtime than say 4 weeks. My multiplayer group is at day 12 and already has an assortment of tier3 weapons and armor. Reaching quest tier3 with a group of players is a matter of a few days, giving out end-game equipment with such quests is a recipe for making the looting itself and crafting irrelevant.

I agree that the trader should have stuff to buy, but that either has to be in the same random range like the stuff you find or craft. OR the amount of dukes (which you mainly get from quests) has to be reduced so you can't simply buy anything valuable that the trader shows.

The quest reward of dukes needs to be one of the random choices, not on top of it, and needs to be reduced. Or maybe it could be removed completely and you only make money by selling the most expensive quest reward!

Realism is part of the simulation of it though, we're "pretending" he's got his stock from somewhere, and not just magic, yes technically he didn't but still, in the story side of it, it makes some sort of sense.   Ok I did think this when typing out the timing bit, but 3 weeks is 21 hours, I'd hope I'm not on stone tools after that amount of time lol... I still think if crafting is ahead of trading/questing, then no one will bother to buy things, cos it's cheaper to make them - so you want some incentive to quest and/or buy things, so imho you do want them to offer better things than you can make yourself.  Otherwise what you'll probably see is people just going for the end loot again, and just looting mailboxes constantly to speed up their crafting, and never bother with the trading/questing side of things.

Now I do agree it's a bit too fast, though with single player, I'm on day 15 right now since it went out of experimental, and I would say I have mid tier stuff, pump shotgun (which I bought for 10,000 dukes after using better barter, daring adventurer, sugar buts, and awesome sauce - so i had to invest to get that) and an orange AK-47.  I'm on tier 4 quests right now.  So yeah might be an issue with multiplayer, but single player seems ok, but like I said, I do think you go through the quest tiers a little quickly.

I'm  also now starting to see radiated in the quests, so I kind of need those items now too.

icehot

icehot

Realism ("other people selling to him") is a useless argument for this game if we talk about balancing. Secondly 2 to 3 weeks is less than 20 to 30 hours except with a longer day setting but he said he plays default. Now a magnum isn't endgame gun either, but steel melee weapons are and the pimps seem to target a longer playtime than say 4 weeks. My multiplayer group is at day 12 and already has an assortment of tier3 weapons and armor. Reaching quest tier3 with a group of players is a matter of a few days, giving out end-game equipment with such quests is a recipe for making the looting itself and crafting irrelevant.

I agree that the trader should have stuff to buy, but that either has to be in the same random range like the stuff you find or craft. OR the amount of dukes (which you mainly get from quests) has to be reduced so you can't simply buy anything valuable that the trader shows.

The quest reward of dukes needs to be one of the random choices, not on top of it, and needs to be reduced. Or maybe it could be removed completely and you only make money by selling the most expensive quest reward!

Realism is part of the simulation of it though, we're "pretending" he's got his stock from somewhere, and not just magic, yes technically he didn't but still, in the story side of it, it makes some sort of sense.   Ok I did think this when typing out the timing bit, but 3 weeks is 21 hours, I'd hope I'm not on stone tools after that amount of time lol... I still think if crafting is ahead of trading/questing, then no one will bother to buy things, cos it's cheaper to make them - so you want some incentive to quest and/or buy things, so imho you do want them to offer better things than you can make yourself.  Otherwise what you'll probably see is people just going for the end loot again, and just looting mailboxes constantly to speed up their crafting, and never bother with the trading/questing side of things.

Now I do agree it's a bit too fast, though with single player, I'm on day 15 right now since it went out of experimental, and I would say I have mid tier stuff, pump shotgun (which I bought for 10,000 dukes after using better barter, daring adventurer, sugar buts, and awesome sauce - so i had to invest to get that) and an orange AK-47.  I'm on tier 4 quests right now.  So yeah might be an issue with multiplayer, but single player seems ok, but like I said, I do think you go through the quest tiers a little quickly.

icehot

icehot

Now I do agree it's a bit too fast, though with single player, I'm on day 15 right now since it went out of experimental, and I would say I have mid tier stuff, pump shotgun (which I bought for 10,000 dukes after using better barter, sugar buts, and awesome sauce - so i had to invest to get that) and an orange AK-47.  I'm on tier 4 quests right now.  So yeah might be an issue with multiplayer, but single player seems ok, but like I said, I do think you go through the quest tiers a little quickly.