Item Creation tag - Player or WorldGen

Arigas

What I'd like to see is something added to all items by default that indicates who/what placed it into the world. Right now, items like gun safes, desk safes, lockers, etc, all respawn items if you craft them/move them, which can make things easy to get that shouldn't be. What this tag would do is indicate if something should respawn in the container or not. If the WorldGen placed the item, so any pre-existing safes etc, then it can respawn items, however if a Player placed it, then it no longer respawns anything. This would make the game a little more difficult since you would still need to go out and salvage around for some things, not to mention it would mean adding in munition boxes as a craftable container wouldn't end up making snipers and smgs more easily available.

I'm with you on this. Or at least have a setting to turn respawning items in player crafted containers on/off. I've seen some bases with 10+ empty gun safes which are clearly being used to exploit this. I'd have thought that this would be a pretty simple thing to programme too.

Archived