Edit History

Please note that revisions older than 365 days are pruned and will no longer show here
khzmusik

khzmusik

On 2/4/2024 at 7:24 AM, MrFace said:

Hello, First time using mods for 7D2D but not new to using mods in other games, so i tried load of stuff but this stuff keeps popping up on worldgen causing the word not to gen. Vanille loads a world just fine, i have tried a bunch of stuff but no succes. Anyone has any ideas whats causing this? I tried loading with only the 2 cores ans still happens. The mods itself load on game start without any issues i am feeling pretty dumb atm

spacer.png

If you don't know where the log files are, or how to upload them to Pastebin, then the 7D2D staff have a post that lets you know how (since they also require the same thing for their own bug reports):

If there are vanilla POIs that aren't loading blocks, then it's possible something about the blocks.xml file got messed up. But that's only a guess. If you installed only SCore and NPC Core, and installed them properly, then there should be no errors.

Regarding installation, also make sure you haven't fallen prey to that "double folder" issue that sometimes happens when downloading from Git hosts. Each mod folder should have a ModInfo.xml file at its top level. Example path to the one for SCore: "%appdata%/7DaysToDie/Mods/0-SCore/ModInfo.xml"

5 hours ago, scm1893 said:

Have similar issue with darksraidergurlzfriendly, Betty. Started new game, hired Betty, gave her assault rifle. She engages/retreats enemies as if she is attacking but does not fire. (checked weapon was loaded)

Noted it said V.16 may fix this. Have not tried updating CORE 'cause I read somewhere that changing this in mid-game could cause issues. Do I need to restart or can I swap out old CORE for new?

2nd ques. I have fish. I have spiders but I have no birds. It seems fish and spiders spawn after I've been in area a short while but not birds. I thought I glimpsed an eagle but it just dissolved before I could get a good look. Def not game breaking for me. Just curious if any known conflicts or suggestions as to where to look. If it needs a bug report, I'll get you what I can.

Edit: 3rd ques. Can weapons given to NPCs be modded in any way?

It should be OK to update SCore and NPC Core mid-game. (Installing them mid-game are what causes most issues.) But YMMV. If it's a significant update their might be issues that I haven't encountered.

For the 3rd question: There is a (relatively) recently fixed bug where putting modded weapons into an NPC's inventory would cause the mods to be lost, if you picked up the NPC and placed them again or if they teleported to you.

But regardless of the bug fix, mods placed on the weapons you put in an NPC's inventory will have no effect on the weapons that are actually wielded by the NPC. Technically they're not the same weapon - NPCs use their own weapons, and SCore just looks to see if there is an equivalent weapon in their inventory.

khzmusik

khzmusik

On 2/4/2024 at 7:24 AM, MrFace said:

Hello, First time using mods for 7D2D but not new to using mods in other games, so i tried load of stuff but this stuff keeps popping up on worldgen causing the word not to gen. Vanille loads a world just fine, i have tried a bunch of stuff but no succes. Anyone has any ideas whats causing this? I tried loading with only the 2 cores ans still happens. The mods itself load on game start without any issues i am feeling pretty dumb atm

spacer.png

If you don't know where the log files are, or how to upload them to Pastebin, then the 7D2D staff have a post that lets you know how (since they also require the same thing for their own bug reports):

If there are vanilla POIs that aren't loading blocks, then it's possible something about the blocks.xml file got messed up. But that's only a guess. If you installed only SCore and NPC Core, and installed them properly, then there should be no errors.

Regarding installation, also make sure you haven't fallen prey to that "double folder" issue that sometimes happens when downloading from Git hosts. Each mod folder should have a ModInfo.xml file at its top level. Example path to the one for SCore: "%appdata%/7DaysToDie/Mods/0-SCore/ModInfo.xml"

5 hours ago, scm1893 said:

Have similar issue with darksraidergurlzfriendly, Betty. Started new game, hired Betty, gave her assault rifle. She engages/retreats enemies as if she is attacking but does not fire. (checked weapon was loaded)

Noted it said V.16 may fix this. Have not tried updating CORE 'cause I read somewhere that changing this in mid-game could cause issues. Do I need to restart or can I swap out old CORE for new?

2nd ques. I have fish. I have spiders but I have no birds. It seems fish and spiders spawn after I've been in area a short while but not birds. I thought I glimpsed an eagle but it just dissolved before I could get a good look. Def not game breaking for me. Just curious if any known conflicts or suggestions as to where to look. If it needs a bug report, I'll get you what I can.

Edit: 3rd ques. Can weapons given to NPCs be modded in any way?

It should be OK to update SCore and NPC Core mid-game. (Installing them mid-game are what causes most issues.) But YMMV. If it's a significant update their might be issues that I haven't encountered.

For the 3rd question: There is a (relatively) recently fixed bug where putting modded weapons into an NPC's inventory would cause the mods to be lost, if you picked up the NPC and placed them again or if they teleported to you.

But regardless of the bug fix, mods placed on the weapons you put in an NPC's inventory will have no effect on the weapons that are actually wielded by the NPC. Technically they're not the same weapon - NPCs use their own weapons, and SCore just looks to see if there is an equivalent weapon in their inventory.