Edit History

Please note that revisions older than 365 days are pruned and will no longer show here
khzmusik

khzmusik

14 hours ago, zeR said:

Is it possible that NPCs are bad?
For example a group of NPCs attacking your base with weapons?

Some of that is possible, some of it isn't. For instance:

• It is possible to add NPCs to hordes, but they have to use a specific SCore class that isn't as widely used nor as widely tested. They also need custom AI to "wander" appropriately.
  • For NPCs that spawn into hordes - which hordes? You could replace an entire stage of wandering hordes, no problem. But NPCs shouldn't spawn into blood moon hordes because they'd just fight the zombies. It's the same for screamer hordes - and unfortunately you can't have more than one type of screamer (e.g. a "bandit screamer" that summons bandits).
  • It is not possible for NPCs (or anything else) to target "your base." The game cannot tell if a block was placed by a player. It is possible to make NPCs break blocks in general, but NPCs also spawn into their own POIs, and you don't want NPCs to destroy their own homes.

My Whisperers pack spawns with zombies in wandering hordes, and when I release my Rogues and Psychos pack, it will be possible (with modifications) to spawn those into wandering hordes too. But that's about the extent of what I intend to do, and other pack authors probably aren't going to bother with anything more than biome spawns and NPC POI spawns.

khzmusik

khzmusik

14 hours ago, zeR said:

Is it possible that NPCs are bad?
For example a group of NPCs attacking your base with weapons?

Some of that is possible, some of it isn't. For instance:

• It is possible to add NPCs to hordes, but they have to use a specific SCore class that isn't as widely used nor as widely tested. They also need custom AI to "wander" appropriately.
  • For NPCs that spawn into hordes - which hordes? You could replace an entire stage of _wandering_ hordes, no problem. But NPCs shouldn't spawn into _blood moon_ hordes because they'd just fight the zombies. It's the same for screamer hordes - and unfortunately you can't have more than one type of screamer (e.g. a "bandit screamer" that summons bandits).
  • It is _not_ possible for NPCs (or anything else) to target "your base." The game cannot tell if a block was placed by a player. It _is_ possible to make NPCs break blocks in general, but NPCs also spawn into their own POIs, and you don't want NPCs to destroy their own homes.

My Whisperers pack spawns with zombies in wandering hordes, and when I release my Rogues and Psychos pack, it will be possible (with modifications) to spawn those into wandering hordes too. But that's about the extent of what I intend to do, and other pack authors probably aren't going to bother with anything more than biome spawns and NPC POI spawns.