Edit History

Please note that revisions older than 365 days are pruned and will no longer show here
scm1893

scm1893

update information

On 2/9/2024 at 7:27 PM, khzmusik said:

It should be OK to update SCore and NPC Core mid-game. (Installing them mid-game are what causes most issues.) But YMMV. If it's a significant update their might be issues that I haven't encountered.

For the 3rd question: There is a (relatively) recently fixed bug where putting modded weapons into an NPC's inventory would cause the mods to be lost, if you picked up the NPC and placed them again or if they teleported to you.

But regardless of the bug fix, mods placed on the weapons you put in an NPC's inventory will have no effect on the weapons that are actually wielded by the NPC. Technically they're not the same weapon - NPCs use their own weapons, and SCore just looks to see if there is an equivalent weapon in their inventory.

TY khzmusik - I updated both and restarted game. Betty working fine. No immediate issues apparent.

Then I started a new game. And by luck, 2 Bettys spawn right away. (I wanted to have twin Bettys like the ones in the TV show Quark.) So I hired them both.

LOL!!! Their names changed to King Moneybags!! Just my luck. Both work properly, though. Gave em both assault rifles, spawned Boe and he was dead before he could stand up straight.

Still don't have birds so I'll start the elimination process. Gonna try a game with birds alone and one with birds, spiders and fish, just to see how it goes.

Edit: started game with no mods except current SCore, NPCore and Bird Pack - let run til 22:00 - no birds. Added Spider Pack and "fish". Found spiders and "fish" but no birds.

I understand DLLs can take residence in the game and continue to influence play, even without the mod loaded. Is this so? and, if so, I assume I need to remove/reinstall game to cleanse?

scm1893

scm1893

11 hours ago, khzmusik said:

It should be OK to update SCore and NPC Core mid-game. (Installing them mid-game are what causes most issues.) But YMMV. If it's a significant update their might be issues that I haven't encountered.

For the 3rd question: There is a (relatively) recently fixed bug where putting modded weapons into an NPC's inventory would cause the mods to be lost, if you picked up the NPC and placed them again or if they teleported to you.

But regardless of the bug fix, mods placed on the weapons you put in an NPC's inventory will have no effect on the weapons that are actually wielded by the NPC. Technically they're not the same weapon - NPCs use their own weapons, and SCore just looks to see if there is an equivalent weapon in their inventory.

TY khzmusik - I updated both and restarted game. Betty working fine. No immediate issues apparent.

Then I started a new game. And by luck, 2 Bettys spawn right away. (I wanted to have twin Bettys like the ones in the TV show Quark.) So I hired them both.

LOL!!! Their names changed to King Moneybags!! Just my luck. Both work properly, though. Gave em both assault rifles, spawned Boe and he was dead before he could stand up straight.

Still don't have birds so I'll start the elimination process. Gonna try a game with birds alone and one with birds, spiders and fish, just to see how it goes.