Edit History

Please note that revisions older than 365 days are pruned and will no longer show here
khzmusik

khzmusik

11 hours ago, arramus said:

This image relates to a post on April 19, 2022. It was actually addressed directly to you in order for us to discuss the probabilities that were shared. However, I was informed you had 'left the building'. As such, any attempt for discussion, amending things slightly, and moving forward ended there.

EDIT: This is drama between me and Arramus. I should not have said anything. My apologies.

khzmusik

khzmusik

40 minutes ago, arramus said:

This image relates to a post on April 19, 2022. It was actually addressed directly to you in order for us to discuss the probabilities that were shared. However, I was informed you had 'left the building'. As such, any attempt for discussion, amending things slightly, and moving forward ended there.

OK, that must have been immediately after I left the group.

But it was exclusively your decision to toss the probabilities that I had calculated (after years of work) in order to create your own probabilities for NPC Core that were basically all the same. I know that because I had immediately contacted you afterwards (though these are private messages so I don't expect onlookers to take my word for it).

I raised all of these concerns at that time. You dismissed them. You had every right to do that  - you were on the team and I was not. But that doesn't mean it was the right decision.

It is significant that I have heard nobody think that the A20 spawning was  good. I have only heard that it was bad, and offered my help and modlets to offset it. Of course that doesn't mean nobody thought it was good, because usually nobody complains about things that are working well. But the fact that not a single user that has contacted me believes that NPC Core spawn rates are balanced, tends to support my opinion.

But it doesn't matter. You are on the NPC Core team, and I am not. Your decision is final, and if I disagree with it, the most I can do is create a mod to correct it. I was just hoping that wouldn't be necessary this time around.

EDIT: Also, hopefully you've gathered this, but raising these issues on Guppy's forum is also not productive. Most users aren't members of that forum, and even if they are, that forum has so many threads that it won't be helpful.

khzmusik

khzmusik

31 minutes ago, arramus said:

But it was exclusively your decision to toss the probabilities that I had calculated (after years of work) in order to create your own probabilities for NPC Core that were basically all the same. I know that because I had immediately contacted you afterwards (though these are private messages so I don't expect onlookers to take my word for it).

I raised all of these concerns at that time. You dismissed them. You had every right to do that  - you were on the team and I was not. But that doesn't mean it was the right decision.

It is significant that I have heard nobody think that the A20 spawning was  good. I have only heard that it was bad, and offered my help and modlets to offset it. Of course that doesn't mean nobody thought it was good, because usually nobody complains about things that are working well. But the fact that not a single user that has contacted me believes that NPC Core spawn rates are balanced, tends to support my opinion.

But it doesn't matter. You are on the NPC Core team, and I am not. Your decision is final, and if I disagree with it, the most I can do is create a mod to correct it. I was just hoping that wouldn't be necessary this time around.

EDIT: Also, hopefully you've gathered this, but raising these issued on Guppy's forum is also not productive. Most users aren't members of that forum, and even if they are, that forum has so many threads that it won't be helpful.

khzmusik

khzmusik

23 minutes ago, arramus said:

I raised all of these concerns at that time. You dismissed them. You had a right to do that (you were on the team and I was not). But that doesn't mean it was the right decision.

khzmusik

khzmusik

18 minutes ago, arramus said:

I raised all of these concerns at that time. You dismissed them. You had a right to do that (you were on the team and I was not). But that doesn't mean it was the right decision.

It is significant that I have heard nobody think that the A20 spawning was  good. I have only heard that it was bad, and offered my help and modlets to offset it. Of course that doesn't mean nobody thought it was good, because usually nobody complains about things that are working well. But the fact that nobody believes that NPC Core spawn rates are balanced, tends to support my opinion.

khzmusik

khzmusik

3 minutes ago, arramus said:

It is significant that I have heard nobody think that the A20 spawning was  good. I have only heard that it was bad, and offered my help and modlets to offset it. Of course that doesn't mean nobody thought it was good, and usually nobody complains about things that are working well. But the fact that nobody believes that NPC Core spawn rates are balanced, tends to support my opinion.