Edit History

Please note that revisions older than 365 days are pruned and will no longer show here
khzmusik

khzmusik

13 hours ago, arramus said:

With all due respect, please raise this discussion in a separate thread just for now and invite people to join it.

EDIT: Removing stupid drama. Apologies.

...For everyone else:

I was in the middle of creating a standalone application that generated probabilities for NPCs (or other characters) in entity groups - both biome and the NPC Core POI groups. It would read from the NPC Pack's entityclasses file, calculate the "difficulty" of each NPC, and use that to generate the spawn probabilities for entity groups,

I'm going to continue work on this, but it will only be after I finished updating my own NPC packs. I'm really hoping the NPC Pack authors will use that program instead of just setting all their characters to the same probability (though obviously I can't force people to use it). If that happens I will let folks know.

khzmusik

khzmusik

1 hour ago, arramus said:

With all due respect, please raise this discussion in a separate thread just for now and invite people to join it.

With all due respect, I raised all of these concerns numerous times when I was on the team, and they were completely ignored. I had even created probabilities that didn't have these problems, after a couple years of work and testing, and immediately after I left you just discarded all of that work and went with what you had (which is IMHO objectively inferior).

If I raise these issues in public, it's because raising them in private produced nothing. I only use the soapbox I am given.

...For everyone else:

I was in the middle of creating a standalone application that generated probabilities for NPCs (or other characters) in entity groups - both biome and the NPC Core POI groups. It would read from the NPC Pack's entityclasses file, calculate the "difficulty" of each NPC, and use that to generate the spawn probabilities for entity groups,

I'm going to continue work on this, but it will only be after I finished updating my own NPC packs. I'm really hoping the NPC Pack authors will use that program instead of just setting all their characters to the same probability (though obviously I can't force people to use it). If that happens I will let folks know.