Edit History

Please note that revisions older than 365 days are pruned and will no longer show here
Picklefart

Picklefart

1 hour ago, Venturai said:

Did you do that by just increasing the max_entities_spawned_by_player, or did you also play around with the numbers inside the hordes.xml? Have you changed anything in your serverconfig.xml file also? Basically, tell me exactly what you did so I can do it, too.

We always go into wandering hordes thinking about xp, and that's all wrong. There's just no fear. I don't think I've ever had a significant enough crowd just wander on through where you're thinking this could actually be a problem.

Fair Warning just traveled to wasteland an it got way to out of hand, it was playable but endless rad zombies. Im currently reworking it cause i need to figure out the bio multiplier for GS.

Setting.xml

<max_horde_density>4.0</max_horde_density>   Changed density from 2.0 ----> 4.0

<max_entities_spawned_per_player>-1</max_entities_spawned_per_player>  Changed from 16 ----> -1

Hordes.xml

<groups> <!-- Define possible groups for wandering hordes-->
            <group name="Zombies">
                <gs min="0" increaseEvery="0"> <!-- 3 zombies @ GS 0, 20 zombies @ GS 55 (1/3 of 165), 10 zombies @ GS 110 (2/3 of 165), 0 zombies @ GS 165+ -->
                    <entity time="day" biomes="wasteland" group="ZombiesWasteland" minCount="3" maxCount="8"/>
                    <entity time="night" biomes="wasteland" group="ZombiesWastelandNight" minCount="3" maxCount="8"/>

<entity time="day" biomes="pine_forest,snow,desert,burnt_forest" group="ZombiesAll" minCount="20" maxCount="30"/>
                    <entity time="night" biomes="pine_forest,snow,desert,burnt_forest" group="ZombiesNight" minCount="20" maxCount="30"/>

</gs>

<gs min="70" increaseEvery="0">
                    <entity time="day" biomes="wasteland" group="IHZombiesAllFeralWasteland" minCount="1" maxCount="10"/>
                    <entity time="night" biomes="wasteland" group="ZombiesWastelandNight" minCount="1" maxCount="10"/>

<entity time="day" biomes="pine_forest,snow,desert,burnt_forest" group="IHZombiesAllFeral" minCount="20" maxCount="30"/>
                    <entity time="night" biomes="pine_forest,snow,desert,burnt_forest" group="IHZombiesAllFeralNight" minCount="20" maxCount="30"/>

</gs>

<!-- Radiated Zombies -->
                <gs min="180" increaseEvery="0">
                    <entity time="day" biomes="wasteland" group="IHZombiesAllRadiatedWasteland" minCount="1" maxCount="20"/>
                    <entity time="night" biomes="wasteland" group="IHZombiesAllRadiatedWastelandNight" minCount="1" maxCount="20"/>

<entity time="day" biomes="pine_forest,snow,desert,burnt_forest" group="IHZombiesAllRadiated" minCount="1" maxCount="20"/>
                    <entity time="night" biomes="pine_forest,snow,desert,burnt_forest" group="IHZombiesAllRadiatedNight" minCount="1" maxCount="20"/>
                </gs>
            </group>

The Red is what I changed which is the min and max count. Though this leads to an insane # of zombies in the wasteland. 

The Blue is what I am going to experiment with to try and control the amount.

Full Disclaimer..... I have no idea what I am doing. I'm just changing what sounds right to change in my mind. have fun. Fair Warning this causes slight stuttering in the Wasteland and lag in my system. Other biomes didn't have stuttering.

Picklefart

Picklefart

58 minutes ago, Venturai said:

Did you do that by just increasing the max_entities_spawned_by_player, or did you also play around with the numbers inside the hordes.xml? Have you changed anything in your serverconfig.xml file also? Basically, tell me exactly what you did so I can do it, too.

We always go into wandering hordes thinking about xp, and that's all wrong. There's just no fear. I don't think I've ever had a significant enough crowd just wander on through where you're thinking this could actually be a problem.

Fair Warning just traveled to wasteland an it got way to out of hand, it was playable but endless rad zombies. Im currently reworking it cause i need to figure out the bio multiplier for GS.

Setting.xml

<max_horde_density>4.0</max_horde_density>   Changed density from 2.0 ----> 4.0

<max_entities_spawned_per_player>-1</max_entities_spawned_per_player>  Changed from 16 ----> -1

Hordes.xml

<group name="Zombies">
                <gs min="0" increaseEvery="0"> <!-- 3 zombies @ GS 0, 20 zombies @ GS 55 (1/3 of 165), 10 zombies @ GS 110 (2/3 of 165), 0 zombies @ GS 165+ -->
                    <entity time="day" biomes="wasteland" group="ZombiesWasteland" minCount="3" maxCount="8"/>
                    <entity time="night" biomes="wasteland" group="ZombiesWastelandNight" minCount="3" maxCount="8"/>

<entity time="day" biomes="pine_forest,snow,desert,burnt_forest" group="ZombiesAll" minCount="20" maxCount="30"/>
                    <entity time="night" biomes="pine_forest,snow,desert,burnt_forest" group="ZombiesNight" minCount="20" maxCount="30"/>

</gs>

<entity time="day" biomes="wasteland" group="IHZombiesAllFeralWasteland" minCount="1" maxCount="10"/>
                    <entity time="night" biomes="wasteland" group="ZombiesWastelandNight" minCount="1" maxCount="10"/>

<entity time="day" biomes="pine_forest,snow,desert,burnt_forest" group="IHZombiesAllFeral" minCount="20" maxCount="30"/>
                    <entity time="night" biomes="pine_forest,snow,desert,burnt_forest" group="IHZombiesAllFeralNight" minCount="20" maxCount="30"/>

</gs>

<entity time="day" biomes="wasteland" group="IHZombiesAllRadiatedWasteland" minCount="1" maxCount="20"/>
                    <entity time="night" biomes="wasteland" group="IHZombiesAllRadiatedWastelandNight" minCount="1" maxCount="20"/>

<entity time="day" biomes="pine_forest,snow,desert,burnt_forest" group="IHZombiesAllRadiated" minCount="1" maxCount="20"/>
                    <entity time="night" biomes="pine_forest,snow,desert,burnt_forest" group="IHZombiesAllRadiatedNight" minCount="1" maxCount="20"/>
                </gs>
            </group>

The Red is what I changed which is the min and max count. Though this leads to an insane # of zombies in the wasteland. 

Full Disclaimer..... I have no idea what I am doing. I'm just changing what sounds right to change in my mind. have fun. Fair Warning this causes stuttering and lag in my system.

Picklefart

Picklefart

51 minutes ago, Venturai said:

increased Horde Density from 2 - 4

<group name="Zombies">

</gs>

</gs>

</gs>
            </group>

Full Disclaimer..... I have no idea what I am doing. I'm just changing what sounds right to change in my mind. have fun. Fair Warning this causes stuttering and lag in my system.