spawned in the wasteland!

ChickenWings

I generated a random world, insane mode,  with the game name and seed "Hell on Earth" without the quotes of course.  Put me in West Kikepi County smack in the middle of the wasteland.

I'm just about to survive the first night, it's about 2am or so, but now I jinxed myself to be sure.  Here's the start pic, and check out the 2nd pic, I think this is a bug.  I did the initial quests but look at the message for the final trader part 🙂  Where is he oh no why are you trader 🙂

A20.0_2021-12-24_07-34-30.jpg

A20.0_2021-12-24_07-41-36.jpg

Edited by ChickenWings (see edit history)

I made it to day 6, and it was not easy!  It took me 5 days of looking before I finally found a big town.   Not many roads in the game I spawned so I really learned my craft on how to explore wasteland.  Found two ghost towns but they are pretty lousy for resources.  But!   they do have tree stumps growing so I was able to find a jar of honey.

Food is a real issue.  Staying near the borders of wasteland is helpful, you get the occasional chicken or rabbit that wonders in thank god.  I was able to scrounge up resources to make a forge, then a cooking pot.  Most of those garbage piles have no food them though.  Bird nests are plentiful though so you get the occasional egg.   You are better off going hungry though, and saving the food to replenish health if you get wounded. 

The hard part is that you really can't get wounded.  I got knocked down to 10 health by a freak accident (light fell on me somehow), luckily I was in a safe zone but healing up from that basically exhausted my resources.  Getting wounded out far away exploring is death, vultures are always in the air, and once they smell blood goodnight Irene!

I avoided dogs or outran them when on the ground.  Then I really had to make an effort and stop and crouch to reload stamina.

Found a town on day 5, late in the day, so spent the night up in a foundation ruin.  I was so far away from my starting camp there was no way I was going to run the gauntlet back and forth moving stuff, so on day 6 found a garage that would be a good base.  But, one of those football players stumbled on to me and burned me with acid.  2 vultures came after me, inside the garage no less, I killed one but saw red from the other one, game over 🙂

In hindsight, I just got too impatient.  I should have built a few safe zones that I could run to when chased or if I got wounded.  Having a spot you can run to and be safe is huge in this area.   At the town,  I should have set up a small base just outside of it, and then slowly built up resources  before setting up a camp in town.

If anybody has any game seeds that spawn in wasteland let me know, thanks!