[Request] Map Markers

lordderryth

Getting tired of flooding my map with markers I can barely see.  Can anyone create or have created a mod that implements map markers?  Example, mark a building with red X on the map indicating it's been looted.  Mark a building or location with a green check mark or adding numbers to markers for POI's in order of exploring.  If this is not hard to make, any suggestions on tutorials?  I would love to dabble and make this a reality.  I have an OCD and play with no blood moon, walking zombies and live to explore and loot hoard.  

Not sure we are looking for the same thing but I would love to be able to annotate the map with icons or text without creating markers cluttering the left pane with useless way-points. Basically, I'm interested to see locations I already have looted from the map without creating a marker (way-point), specially because I hate the quests resetting the POIs so I want to avoid that somehow.

Edited by Madnesis (see edit history)

I would love to have better map markers as well. Even just more icon shapes would be nice. Right now I only use 3-4 and never use the rest.

Or being able to edit the marker names, instead of deleting and creating a new marker in the same spot to add the day number (i.e. Fire Station D96) whenever I loot a new major POI.

But really I would like to see any improvements whatsoever to map marking.