Edit History

Please note that revisions older than 365 days are pruned and will no longer show here
SylenThunder

SylenThunder

9 hours ago, humanturd said:

is there any way to bypass the restriction.

• \

No the restriction is there on purpose. You cannot use a setting that exceeds the capability of your hardware.

12 hours ago, Riamus said:

Just to clear up what was posted months ago about this....

The game is CPU bound, not GPU bound like most games.  This means your graphics card has relatively limited impact compared to other games.  That doesn't mean you can't get by with a low end card, but the card has less impact than the CPU.

That said, you can do just fine with a 4GB GPU.  You aren't guaranteed to be able to use ultra settings, though you can use settings that are medium to high without any trouble if the rest of your computer is decent.  I have a low end gaming desktop (HP Pavilion) from about 5 years ago and it runs the game very well.  I did upgrade RAM from 8GB to 32GB and added a new SSD because the boot drive (SSD) was too small for the game to easily fit on and the other drive was HDD, which is a really bad place for this game to be installed.  Other than that, it is an older AMD CPU and GPU.  I really only have issues in large towns and usually only after being in them a while and only when driving fast.  Otherwise, I'll get smooth gameplay even on horde nights when tons of zombies.  That said, I don't get 100+ FPS, but you don't need that for the game to be smooth.

And all that for a $700 desktop.  Definitely don't need a $2000 computer for this game.  But if you can afford that, it will certainly benefit you in other games.

As to why they limit settings if your computer can't handle it?  They probably don't want to deal with a bunch of people complaining about crashes related to their settings when there isn't anything they can do to help you with having a low end computer.  But that's just a guess.  And games block you based on hardware and some don't.  My biggest problem with blocking users is that I've had games that couldn't identify my hardware and assumed I had low end hardware when I had much better than it needed and that block prevented even being able to load the game.  I'd rather just have a warning than to block users.  And then if it crashes... Well, you've been warned.

I did a very similar build for a friend about that long ago. Got an Acer system with an i7-8400 and 8GB RAM. Dropped in a 1060 6GB, another 8GB RAM, and a couple of SSD's. Game runs well enough at 60-90FPS with moderate settings at 1440p. Out the door it was only around $650-700.

SylenThunder

SylenThunder

9 hours ago, humanturd said:

is there any way to bypass the restriction.

• \

No the restriction is there on purpose. You cannot use a setting that exceeds the capability of your hardware.

11 hours ago, Riamus said:

Just to clear up what was posted months ago about this....

The game is CPU bound, not GPU bound like most games.  This means your graphics card has relatively limited impact compared to other games.  That doesn't mean you can't get by with a low end card, but the card has less impact than the CPU.

That said, you can do just fine with a 4GB GPU.  You aren't guaranteed to be able to use ultra settings, though you can use settings that are medium to high without any trouble if the rest of your computer is decent.  I have a low end gaming desktop (HP Pavilion) from about 5 years ago and it runs the game very well.  I did upgrade RAM from 8GB to 32GB and added a new SSD because the boot drive (SSD) was too small for the game to easily fit on and the other drive was HDD, which is a really bad place for this game to be installed.  Other than that, it is an older AMD CPU and GPU.  I really only have issues in large towns and usually only after being in them a while and only when driving fast.  Otherwise, I'll get smooth gameplay even on horde nights when tons of zombies.  That said, I don't get 100+ FPS, but you don't need that for the game to be smooth.

And all that for a $700 desktop.  Definitely don't need a $2000 computer for this game.  But if you can afford that, it will certainly benefit you in other games.

As to why they limit settings if your computer can't handle it?  They probably don't want to deal with a bunch of people complaining about crashes related to their settings when there isn't anything they can do to help you with having a low end computer.  But that's just a guess.  And games block you based on hardware and some don't.  My biggest problem with blocking users is that I've had games that couldn't identify my hardware and assumed I had low end hardware when I had much better than it needed and that block prevented even being able to load the game.  I'd rather just have a warning than to block users.  And then if it crashes... Well, you've been warned.

I did a very similar build for a friend about that long ago. Got an Acer system with an i7-8400 and 8GB RAM. Dropped in a 1060 6GB, another 8GB RAM, and a couple of SSD's. Game runs well enough at 60-90FPS with moderate settings at 1440p.