Tools to call terrain smoothing after building a base

Sephiroth

Would be cool to be able to call terrain smoothing features of worldgen after building a base to eliminate dips in the terrain after placing blocks and other terrain smoothing features to blend in block-based builds in to the diamond-voxel blocks of soil and the likes, instead of having to rely on ugly workarounds like placing plates around bases to even out terrain.

Being able to use shovels, hoes and the likes to smooth out terrain instead of the gutters we get around structures these days.

Edited by Sephiroth (see edit history)

this is something i've always wanted. i like creating dirt paths but it's a pain when wanting them to meander across different height levels. after placing the dirt blocks, it always follows the blocky step like pattern. i would take my shovel and dig some blocks to attempt to smooth them out, but it also destroys the block's HP. a tool that can smooth and average out the heights of all adjacent terrain blocks (without damaging the blocks) would be awesome.

8H9iJ9V.png

The reason I am asking for some sort of tool to do terrain smoothing, is so that instead of having a lip like this where Zombies can slightly drop into and maybe end up starting to dig, I wouldn't have to need to wrap my entire structure with say, wooden fencing lying on the ground just to get that 'clean' look.. Instead I could use this tool to smooth out the terrain and have it blend with the cube-based blocks. Always hated the stupid diamond blocks terrain blocks have become...

b7pcPy0.jpeg