Decorative Electrical lines

MichaelL.

So.... I consider myself to be a fairly decent prefaber.   Now....  I understand why TFP dosen't want prefabs to have existing/operational electrical systems.  You don't really want a Day-1 player come across a POI that is ready and wired to handle a day-100 blood moon hoard.  I get that. 

But.....  For the benefit of all of us prefabers (and ultimately the players of this game) - could you PLEASE add the capability of having "decorative" electrical lines that we can drape across our POI's?  They don't have to be functional.   I get why you wouldn't want that.  But I don't think you fully appreciate the impact of these random 'clutter' decorative aspects to a game.  Yes, we've all used the thin "pillars" to crate some electrical lines.  But the visual impact of having that point-to-point wire (with gravity sag that isn't at all constrained by a relegated, 90 degree block system) is absolutely, mind-bogglingly transformative.  When you have something that defies the existing 90 degree block-to-block connections, it literally transforms the scene.   

I tend to look at building POI's from a cinematographic viewpoint - It's not just the playability of the POI - but the visual impact that I'm always working towards.  It's that "WOW" factor that I get when players go through my POI's that really makes this worth-while for me.    And this is something that I feel is directly in line with what y'all are doing with the outstanding new tile system you've developed.  You've got all of these power poles that are now part of the RWG - wouldn't it add to the visual impact even more if you had actual power lines draping between each of them?   I mean - you've already got the technical part of the programming already built into the system with what we have for the existing electrical system.  It should only take a bit of work to make this something that is purely decorative - connect line between point A to point B.  

To quote one of my favorite shows as a kid - "We have the technology - we can rebuild him..... "   Learn the Rules for Overhead Clearance on Power Lines

image.thumb.png.bf56d7ef735c05b9bbc31357a40c0aaf.png

As an example:  This is my latest POI build, which is a replication of the WW2 Maunsell Forts off the coast of England.  I've had to resort to using straight poles to replicate electrical lines between the different tower forts - constrained by the 90 degree block placements.  But it would be SO much better if I could 'drape' electrical lines between them at odd angles - adding to the overall realism and visual impact of the POI....