Edit History

Please note that revisions older than 365 days are pruned and will no longer show here
zztong

zztong

23 hours ago, Sullen Skulls said:

I am finding that when using this, RWG tends to leave a few empty squares/blocks in city generation in the middle of bigger cities/towns.  Not sure if this is due to it trying to place an object/POI that it can't find, or if it's to do with any changes to wrappers, or something else.

I observed RWG doing this without my modlet, but perhaps it becomes more obvious with my modlet. I know others have seen this.

My hypothesis is that RWG sets out to build a city using a certain number of Tiles, say 20. Then it starts laying it out and when it gets to 20 it hasn't managed to fill in all of the Tiles it expect to, so they go unfilled. After that, it wraps the city with a district of something like rural Tiles.

You may find that Country Towns are larger with my modlet because I add some configuration to wrap them with a Rural district. It could be that the "wrapping" is responsible for this, in which case you'd see it happen with Country Towns using this modlet, but not see that in RWG because the default configuration doesn't wrap a district around a Country Town.

You shouldn't find Towns and Cities are larger because the only thing I change there is which district wraps them. I make it so that a Town can be wrapped by either rural or residential, and make it such that Cities are wrapped by residential instead of rural.

zztong

zztong

23 hours ago, Sullen Skulls said:

I am finding that when using this, RWG tends to leave a few empty squares/blocks in city generation in the middle of bigger cities/towns.  Not sure if this is due to it trying to place an object/POI that it can't find, or if it's to do with any changes to wrappers, or something else.

I observed RWG doing this without my modlet, but perhaps it becomes more obvious with my modlet. I know others have seen this.

My hypothesis is that RWG sets out to build a city using a certain number of Tiles, say 20. Then it starts laying it out and when it gets to 20 it hasn't managed to fill in all of the Tiles it expect to, so they go unfilled. After that, it wraps the city with a district of something like rural Tiles.

You may find that Country Towns are larger with my modlet because I add some configuration to wrap them with a Rural district.

You shouldn't find Towns and Cities are larger because the only thing I change there is which district wraps them. I make it so that a Town can be wrapped by either rural or residential, and make it such that Cities are wrapped by residential instead of rural.