Edit History

Please note that revisions older than 365 days are pruned and will no longer show here
XRellikX

XRellikX

Added last sentence

On 7/5/2023 at 1:18 AM, ZoroIsMyNameOh said:

Hello everyone! Sorry it took so long to reply to this but I recently got back into 7 days and meandered to the forum again, to find I had messages of people wanting to know what files I had to change to remove the creative menu. Here goes.

• First navigate to this folder: <your game path>\steamapps\common\7 Days To Die\Data\Config\XUi
  • Then open up the file named windows.xml with any xml editor (I personally use VSCode, Notepadd++ works as well) ****Be sure to make a backup of this file before editing
  • Press ctrl+f to open the find box and type in "windowCreative2" (without quotes) then press enter
  • It should take you exactly to the line that you need to edit. Here's what that line looks like for reference:
    <window name="windowCreative2" width="629" height="805" panel="Left" anchor_side="bottomright" normal_color="[iconColor]" cursor_area="true" controller="Creative2Window"
  • Then all you need to do is simply change the name= to something else. I changed mine to name="windowCreativ"
  • Then save the file and relaunch 7 days and enjoy temptation free 7 days

What this effectively does is make it so that the game engine points to a UI window that doesn't exist when opening up the creative menu. Therefore, not allowing the creative menu, even if it's turned on via game settings or console commands. The creative menu is simply blank.

Keep in mind that this edit may go away if you verify your game files or a new update is downloaded.

Now as far as the debug menu, I'll post the method to remove that later on.

Thank you so much!  I've been waiting for this forever!  I'm glad you came back.

Please, definitely explain the DM one too

XRellikX

XRellikX

On 7/5/2023 at 1:18 AM, ZoroIsMyNameOh said:

Hello everyone! Sorry it took so long to reply to this but I recently got back into 7 days and meandered to the forum again, to find I had messages of people wanting to know what files I had to change to remove the creative menu. Here goes.

• First navigate to this folder: <your game path>\steamapps\common\7 Days To Die\Data\Config\XUi
  • Then open up the file named windows.xml with any xml editor (I personally use VSCode, Notepadd++ works as well) ****Be sure to make a backup of this file before editing
  • Press ctrl+f to open the find box and type in "windowCreative2" (without quotes) then press enter
  • It should take you exactly to the line that you need to edit. Here's what that line looks like for reference:
    <window name="windowCreative2" width="629" height="805" panel="Left" anchor_side="bottomright" normal_color="[iconColor]" cursor_area="true" controller="Creative2Window"
  • Then all you need to do is simply change the name= to something else. I changed mine to name="windowCreativ"
  • Then save the file and relaunch 7 days and enjoy temptation free 7 days

What this effectively does is make it so that the game engine points to a UI window that doesn't exist when opening up the creative menu. Therefore, not allowing the creative menu, even if it's turned on via game settings or console commands. The creative menu is simply blank.

Keep in mind that this edit may go away if you verify your game files or a new update is downloaded.

Now as far as the debug menu, I'll post the method to remove that later on.

Thank you so much!  I've been waiting for this forever!  I'm glad you came back