Edit History

Please note that revisions older than 365 days are pruned and will no longer show here
xyth

xyth

Locks.thumb.png.b34f543f859b76f81116203847ab8007.png

Turn EAC Off when using this mod!

Like the title says, SphereII and I missed the Skyrim style lockpicking mini game so we introduced it into the WinterWeen mod.  It was well received, so I'm releasing a modlet of the locks that work with the lockpicking code added to SphereII's Core.  This mod requires 0-SCore, so use the mod launcher and add that core and this locks mod.  The launcher with do the rest.  

The difficulty of the locks is configurable in the core, but it set to offer a challenge but not be impossible for folks that didn't master lockpicking in Skyrim.  To pick a lock, press "E" on any locked door or chest.  A lock will appear, and you must guess the position of the top lockpick by moving it with the arrow keys or mouse.  Once you think you have the position, press the spacebar to turn the lock.  The locks are tied into the perk system and the inventory system, so you will need lockpicks in your inventory.  Each perk level into lockpicking make it less likely you will break a pick, and reduced the time between attempts.  However, we randomized lock difficulty so any one can be really hard or almost too easy.

This mode contain some purchased assets and code, so while you may use or include this mod in you game or overhaul, you cannot make edits to the models or code without purchasing your own copy of the assets from the Unity store.   It's cheap though 🙂

If this mod is popular we may add additional features in A21.  Please let me know if its too hard or too easy for you.

Installation:   0-SCore mod is REQUIRED, as it has the code for the locks to work.

Locks modlet: https://github.com/7D2D/V1.0-Mods/blob/main/Locks.zip , works with A21 or v1.0 versions of 0-SCore

V1.0 SCore: (0-Score) https://github.com/SphereII/SphereII.Mods/releases/latest  

Thanks to Mumpfy for adding the branding to the lock textures!

Enjoy!

xyth

xyth

Like the title says, SphereII and I missed the Skyrim style lockpicking mini game so we introduced it into the WinterWeen mod.  It was well received, so I'm releasing a modlet of the locks that work with the lockpicking code added to SphereII's Core.  This mod requires 0-SCore, so use the mod launcher and add that core and this locks mod.  The launcher with do the rest.  

The difficulty of the locks is configurable in the core, but it set to offer a challenge but not be impossible for folks that didn't master lockpicking in Skyrim.  To pick a lock, press "E" on any locked door or chest.  A lock will appear, and you must guess the position of the top lockpick by moving it with the arrow keys or mouse.  Once you think you have the position, press the spacebar to turn the lock.  The locks are tied into the perk system and the inventory system, so you will need lockpicks in your inventory.  Each perk level into lockpicking make it less likely you will break a pick, and reduced the time between attempts.  However, we randomized lock difficulty so any one can be really hard or almost too easy.

This mode contain some purchased assets and code, so while you may use or include this mod in you game or overhaul, you cannot make edits to the models or code without purchasing your own copy of the assets from the Unity store.   It's cheap though 🙂

If this mod is popular we may add additional features in A21.  Please let me know if its too hard or too easy for you.

Installation:   0-SCore mod is REQUIRED, as it has the code for the locks to work.

Locks modlet: https://github.com/7D2D/V1.0-Mods/blob/main/Locks.zip , works with A21 or v1.0 versions of 0-SCore

A21 version of Sphereii's Score is here: https://gitlab.com/sphereii/SphereII-Mods/-/tree/master/0-SCore

Enjoy!

xyth

xyth

Locks modlet: https://github.com/7D2D/A21Mods/blob/main/Locks.zip

Sphereii's Score is here: https://gitlab.com/sphereii/SphereII-Mods/-/tree/master/0-SCore

Enjoy!