Custom actions for triggered_effect

Zæffy

Hello,

I have a quite specific request and since it probably doesn't concern a lot of people, I wanted to create a modlet to do it.

I really, really like sorting things. That's to say, in survival games like 7dtd I usually create one storage per item in the game, and thus every single item have its own place and everything is well ordered. Since I like it, it's not a problem for me ; however, when I play with others, it's a bit more of an issue. I made a deal with my friends and I'm not allowed to put more than 100 distinct kinds of storage in 7DTD ; however, even this few is too much for them.

The thing is, I used to play Ark a lot. In this game, there is a mod that allowed me to set a specific storage for a specific item, then to have a single button somewhere and when I hitted it everything in my inventory was sent to the correct place. And when I needed to craft something, there was a button in the UI that let me pull the correct amount of everything needed from my storage to the workbench I was working in (or my inventory). That was making both my friends (who didn't have to sort / run between storage to craft anymore) and my (actually) autistic brain very happy.

I would like to recreate this feature in 7dtd. The closest I found is the fact that, when in a storage, we can smash a button to put items with at least a stack of them in this storage in the correct storage, but that still mean going to every storage and back when sorting things or crafting. I read the "official" xml files (and laughed a lot while going through the XML.txt file) ; being a developper and having stuyied game development with unity back at the university everything is quite clear, except one thing : is there a way to add some custom actions for effects to implement what I described ? Or (even better) is there any already existing action that would go through every player-crafted storage around and push / pull items to / from them ?

Thank you !

Zæffy

Archived